Chapter Twenty Six: DSD

Declan’s POV:

After Megan and Sean dropped me off I sat on my bed staring at the wall. McClane had taken my suitcase and was washing my clothes for me. Mom and Dad were out meeting with our lawyers about Todd. I don’t know what Megan told McClane but every time he looked at me his fist clenched and his jaw tightened. After forcing me to eat something he left me alone to wallow in my own misery.  Micah didn’t want me anymore. He wanted a wife… kids… and acceptance into this narrow minded world. If that’s what he wanted then who am I to stand in his way. I can’t force him to love me… even though I wish he would. I want to not care but I can’t help it. Now I know how that girl Bella felt when Edward left her in that vampire story.

You literally give yourself to this other person and then they up and leave you in the middle of the woods like you’re nothing. In my case he left in at a spiffy resort but it doesn’t make it any better. He still left me… and with a fucking letter. What are we, some badly acted teen drama where we’re all filled with this teen angst and our parents just don’t understand? I refused to be like the stereotypes in the movies. I refused to be like Bella screaming my head off in the middle of the night because I can’t cope with the fact the one guy I fell for, the one guy who had my heart doesn’t want me anymore. It still doesn’t mean it doesn’t hurt. It was like a dull ache in the center of my chest. Every time I swallowed the ache worsen.

I heard my parent’s car pull up in the drive. I had every intention of getting out the bed and going down stairs but instead I turned over and pulled my blankets over my head. I didn’t want to talk about him. They would ask me questions and I would be forced to answer them. I would be forced to relive it and I wasn’t ready to do that yet. I was safe here under my blankets. I was safe from the hurt and pain. The questions and stares. Here I could breathe.  I lay there until it hurt to keep my eyes open any longer. I lay there until sleep took me under.

Sean’s POV:

After I dropped Megan off I went straight over to Micah’s. I didn’t waste any time jumping from the cab of my truck. After my third time knocking at the door Harper came to open it with a towel wrapped around her head.

                “Where’s the fire Sean?” She asked wiping her face. Swallowing hard I tried to calm down.

                “Is Micah here?” Shaking her head she turned back to the house.

                “Hey dad where’s Mike?” I could feel my impatience clawing at me. I wanted to punch something. No, I wanted to punch Micah.

                “At Cecil’s place. They had to go over Micah’s testimony for the trial.” He yelled back from somewhere in the house. Damn it he wasn’t here.

‘Breathe Sean, you can do this.’ My conscious whispered to me.

“He should be at school tomorrow.” Mr. Phillips called out again. That’s all I needed to know. Saying my goodbyes I headed back to my truck. Once I was back on the road I felt a bit better. I would kill Micah tomorrow.

                                                  * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I’d never gotten up so early in my life. I was up, showered and dressed by six thirty. I was out the door five minutes after that. I took my time getting to school. Pulling into the parking lot I went straight for Micah’s hiding spot. I waited about ten minutes before he came sneaking into the darken room. Dropping his back on the table he raked his hands through his hair.