Chapter Seven: Declan

Declan's POV:

After McClane left me I lay on the bed and closed my eyes. I had one month to face my fears. One month. Shaking my head I frowned at the situation I was in. It seemed like everybody was giving me ultimatums. First Laurie now McClane. Geez... they act like I can't live my own life.

 'That's because you can't.' My conscious said to me. Lifting my hand I shot a bird in the air.
 'Oh like that's mature. You're shooting a bird at the voice in your head.' Opening my eyes I pushed off the bed and reached for my phone. I had a month to figure out something. McClane never said I had to figure it all out right now. Dialing Megan's number I waited for her to pick up.

 "Hey, you alright?" She asked breathless as if she had to run for the phone.
 "Much better. Between you Laurie and McClane I've can breathe." There was a pause then I heard some rustling on the other end.

 "Hold on." She said. When she finally made it to where she  was going she asked me to repeat myself.
 "You said McClane... I thought you werent't ready to tell your family yet." I explained what McClane said. How he and my parents already knew. Even though we were on the phone I could feel her sigh of relief.

 "I'm so glad that worked out for the better... now all you have to do is worry about Micah. What are you going to do about tutoring?" The mention of his name brought up the reason I was actually calling. 

  "That's what I'm calling about. I don't want him to flunk because I'm too chicken to follow through with helping him so I was wondering if you'd fill in for me?" I could see her panicking right now. Even though she was interested in Sean Micah was still the número uno at Murphy Kennedy High.

 "I'm not a science whiz like Declan." She said her voice squeaking a bit.
 "I know but you didn't have any trouble passing Chemistry. Please Megan." I said putting a bit of pleading into my voice.

 "I don't know... I mean--" I was hoping to save this for a later date but Megan wasn't crumbling the way I wanted her to.
 "I gave up my prom date for you. Please." Yes I pulled out the guilt card. I had to, desperate times call for desperate measures. It was like all the air had been sucked out her sails.

 "Fine. I'll do it. You better be happy I like you." She said. Lying back on the bed I let out a sigh of my own. I didn't trust anyone else with Micah. As I said before 78%... whores.
 "You don't like me, you love me." I said into the phone.

 "Whatever goodbye." She said. I could hear the smile in her voice as she said it.
 "Hey Megan?" I said before she could hang up.
 "What is it now?" She said her voice full of faux annoyance.

 "I love you too." I whispered.
 "I know you do."