Chapter 23

Chap 23

***Selenas POV***

When we got there we saw a lot of people. It was taking place outside so atleast we wouldn't be squished inside. Elena and Stefan were there. Stefan also wore a tux and Elena had a light pink poofy dress on. We said hello to some people and talked for about 2 and a half hours.

Now I was sitting down and just listening to the music play. Then a slow song came on and all the couples were dancing, including Elena and Stefan.

"Would you like to dance?"

I looked up at Damon and holding his hand out to me and smiled. I got up and grabbed his hand walking out to where everyone was dancing. We stopped and faced eachother. He put his hands on my waist, i got butterflies and he smiled as he did it, and I put mine around his neck. We swayed back and forth to the song and just looked into eachothers eyes. I started to think about when I first met him and when our hands touched. I wasn't scared, I felt somthing. Somthing telling me to be with him. Somthing about him drew me to him. He made me happy.

He leaned in and whispered in my ear, "Follow me." His breathe on my neck made me get the chills and he smiled.

When we reached the woods he said, "No looking, close your eyes."

I smiled and closed my eyes tight. I felt his hands grab mine and he lead me someplace into the woods.

"Damon where are we going?" I asked impatiently.

"You'll see."

I frowned, "Oh just tell me!"

"No."

"Please!!!" I whined.

He laughed and said, "Your so impatient."

"Am not!" I said defending myself, "Ok, just a little." I admitted it.

He laughed. We stopped walking and I felt his hands slide away. All I heard was his voice, "Ok, you can open.... now!"

When I opened we were standing in the woods in an open area. There were flowers everywhere and a beautiful lake that shined brightly refkecting the sun. I smiled looking around.

"This is beautiful." I said breathlessly admiring the green tress and grass and flowers.

He smiled, "Isn't it? I come here sometimes to just think, it gets my mind off a lot of things."

I stood beside him looking up at him as he looked at the lake, "Like?"

He shrugged, "The whole being a vampire thing and all the problems like klaus that come with it."

"Yea, I know what you mean." he looked down at me interested, "Sometimes I wish I could just be normal, none of this magic stuff or whatever, having a family, and just... I don't know, living a normal teenage life."

He smiled, "I guess hanging out with me doesnt make it any better."

I shook my head looking at the lake, I still felt his eyes on me, "No, you do make it better, I feel like when I'm with you I just..." I felt my face blush as i said this, "forget everything."

I turned my eyes up at his and he was smiling looking deeply at me, "Really?" he said quietly.

I smiled a huge smile and nodded.

"Oh!" he said wide eyed looking in his pocket for somthing, "I have something for you." He pulled out a small little box. "Close your eyes."

"Aww again!" He raised his eyebrows nodding, "Ugh fine!"

I closed my eyes and I felt him touching my neck putting somthing around it. I got the chills when he touched my neck. Oh lets face it, I got the chills everytime he touched me. When he pulled away I raised my eyebrows asking for approval to open them.

"Ok, you could look."

I opened my eyes and looked down at my neck. It was a sliver necklace. It was a silver heart with a S on it for Selena. I smiled and looked up at his smiling face. "Aww Damon, that's so sweet, thank you so much! I love it!"

I rapped my arms around his neck and he rapped his around me. I felt his face in my hair as he whispered, "Yourwelcome."

Then we pulled away and he held my hands in his. He looked nervous trying to think of what to say.

"Look Selena," he started, I just looked into his icy blue eyes that looked back at me, "I know that I'm a vampire and that we could never be together," I made a face and he continued, " I just want you to know that.." he took a deep breath, "I'm always here for you if you need anything and.." he let go of my hands and gently cupped my face. Our faces were inches apart and I felt his breath on my face. I felt like my knees were going to give in any second now, he made me feel light headed. He looked at me so seriously and admiringly and finally said the words that both of us were too chicken to say to eachother until now, "I love you Selena." he whispered and I felt his breathe against my lips.

I smiled and his face came even closer to mine and I closed my eyes. I felt his lips gently brush mine and he came closer. He kissed me. He still held my face and I had my hands on his shoulders. He kissed me gently and I kissed back. I got more chills and butterflies than I ever got before in my whole life. He pulled away to look at me and let go of my face letting his arms fall at his sides. I smiled.

"I love you too." i whispered as i looked down at his lips then into his eyes and he smiled a huge smile. I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned in to kiss him again. I felt his mouth curve into a smile when our lips touched and it made me smile too. He rapped his arms around my waist. He kissed me more passionately than before, I felt weak kneed when I was this close to him, or even when I was around him. He pulled me even closer and he held me tight with his hands on my back. I also pulled him closer. My heart was beating so fast and I knew he heard it, we were so close he probably felt it too. I was so happy right now that nothing can ruin this moment. This was when I definitely knew for sure that Damon was my true love.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

heyyyy guyss!!! <333 i reallllllly hoped u liked this chapterr!! and i kno damons not the type for express his feelings lik that but hey, in my story he gained enough courage to(; i hope u enjoyed it!!!!! please comment and vote plzzz!! i need suppporttt to kno that i should continue the storyyy. thanky youuuu alll!!! love youssss!!!<3333333