Chapter 18

Chap 18

***Selenas POV***

I looked at Damon and he stood at the end of the stairs.  I walked towards him.  I stood right in front of him looking into his ice blue eyes.  The eyes I loved, i just wished I had the courage to tell him that.  He looked right back not taking his eyes away.

"Damon there's somthing I-" l thought for a moment thinking if I should continue.  And I did, "I can't tell you somthing."

He looked disappointed that I was keeping somthing from him.  It looked like somone just slapped him.  I wanted to tell him that Klaus wants to see me again but I can't.  He has my brother.  He turned his face to the side breaking our eye contact.  I put my hand on his cheek, turning his face to look at me.  When he looked back he looked surprised and he took my hand off his face but didn't let go of it.  He put his other hand on my back pulling me closer.  My heart started beating faster and I wondered if he could hear it with his vampire ears.  I felt uneasy and like i was going to feint.

"You have to trust me." I said in a whisper trying to hide the fact that I felt really really nervous.  He sighed.  "Damon, Klaus has my brother, if I tell you." i paused not wanting to think of the possibilities even though i clearly knew, "he might kill him.  I can't risk that happening.  Please believe me?"

He just looked at me for a while, still holding my hand in his and with his other hand on my back.  I tried to look like i wasn't going to faint because he still held my hand and we were so close.  I felt butterflies and got the chills.  Then he finally answered, "I believe you."

I smiled a little and he did too. 

"But!" he said moving his hand from my back right in my face putting up his finger, I made a face, "you have to allow me to come here whenever I want!" he had a huge grin on his face.

I crossed my arms and smiled, "Why would you want to do that?" I said raising my eyebrows.

"I need to make sure your ok, not harmed." he said smiling innocently.

Maybe he really does have a heart.  I mean maybe hes one of those guys who dont like to show how he feels.  I smiled and laughed a little, "Am I hearing Damon Salvatore say that he cares?!"

He rolled his eyes and walked in the kitchen.  I followed right behind him.  I wanted him to admit it.  Maybe I would admit how i felt too. Ok I lied, that's not gonna happen.  But that wasn't stopping me from getting him to say it.

"You care!" I shouted after him laughing.

He smiled and turned around looking at me, "No."

"Oh just admit it!" I said standing right in front of him smiling.

He began to be serious with a slight smile.  He put a peice of my hair behind my ear and put his hand on my cheek.    He gave me butterflies when he touched my face.  We stared intently at eachother serious.  He kept his hand on my cheek.

"I care about you." he said to me.

I was about the height up to his eyes so I looked slightly up at him and he looked slightly down at me.  We began to both look deeply into eachothers eyes.  His hand still caressing my face lightly.  Our faces were inches away from eachother.  I could feel his breath on my face and my lips.  He made me feel like I was floating on clouds.  I think i was going to pass out.  He inched his face closer to mine and I just stayed in place not moving, wondering if I should lean in.  He put his arms around my waste I put my hands on his shoulders about to put my hands behind his neck.  We were so close, my heart was beating even faster than before and now I'm positive he heard it.  Our lips were almost touching and then-