Chapter 22

THE NEXT DAY
It was the day of the fight and sure enough when they all woke up Blackbeard was right outside.

"This early, huh?" Hook asked.

"Change in plans! No battle. Have you ever heard of Suicide Cliff?"

"Of course" Emma answered. "I've experienced it"

"Well, the rocks are very unstable. How about we hang onto it for as long as we can? Whoever drops first obviously dies and the other crew gets the girl" he said talking to Hook. "Want to do this or put up a crew member to do it instead?"

"I--" Hook started.

"I'll do it" Emma said interrupting. "Who am I going up against?"

Just then a big guy with crazy muscles stepped up.

"Do we have a deal?" Blackbeard asked.

"When is it?"

"Midnight" he answered.

"See you then" Emma walked into the training room.

Once Blackbeard left Hook went to Emma. "Are you insane?!"

"A little"

"This isn't a joke! Emma you have a messed up shoulder. You won't be able to hold on long enough...you're going to die"

"This is about me! I'm not letting anyone else die because of me! If anyone else is dying it's me or that giant guy. That's it. You can rather support me or.." She didn't need to finish.

He took a deep breath and walked out of the room. Emma was left in there to prepare herself for tonight.

MIDNIGHT
Emma and the crew walked over to suicide cliff where Blackbeard and his men were waiting.

"Okay. Rules, you'll start with two hands and then after a while switch to one. Whoever lets go loses and dies" Blackbeard stated.

Emma nodded. Her and the man she was going up against sat on the edge of the cliff and then slowly scooted off grabbing a hold of the rock below. There was nothing to put their feet on expect air. After a while, it was time to switch hands and without thinking Emma swiped to the hand with her bad shoulder. There was a loud tearing sound as Emma tried not to scream in pain. Hook looked ready to get down there and switch places. The man next to her kept slipping. Was she about to beat-- she couldn't finish her thought when she let go of the rock.