Chapter 54 - My Feelings

Start from the beginning

"That's the reason I acted the way I did when Alayne told me all of the things you supposedly did. I liked you a lot, and not only as a friend... so it broke my heart when I thought all of the time we spent together was a lie." It surprised me. This was the clearest explanation he's given me thus far.

"Hanging out with you every day during the trip made me realize how much I actually liked you." He smiled. "I'm still sorry I didn't believe you though. I let my emotions get the better of me." I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him.

"I forgive you." I told him, placing my head on his chest. After a hesitant moment he placed his arms around me and deepened our hug.

I wore myself out today, running around the whole time. It was worth it though. This was one of the best if not the best day of my life. I relaxed into the back of my seat feeling contented. The sound of the car never failed to make me sleepy. That mixed in with the fact that I was beat made me drift off to sleep in record time.

I awoke when I faintly heard what sounded like Theo's voice calling my name. I parted my eyes and realized it was indeed him.

"We're home?" I asked, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

"Yeah, I can carry you in if you want?" Theo joked.

I pouted at him. "No I can walk on my own thank you very much." We got out of the car and started towards the house, that is until I remembered all of the stuff we left in the car.

"Hey, what about all of the stuff in the car?" I asked, tilting my head towards him.

"We can leave it there until tomorrow." He answered.

I went silent as an idea came to mind. "Can you unlock your car for a second?" I asked, grinning at him.

"Okay?" He agreed in a curious tone. He sat there and watched as I ran over to the car and pulled out the little monkey he got me. I held it high in success as I jogged over to his side. He just smiled and locked the car doors. Theo wrapped his arm over my shoulder and dragged me with him as we walked down the pathway to the front door of his house.

Like always Darby was the first to greet us. "Oh you two are back! How was your day?" She eagerly greeted from the couch. Her and Thomas were snuggled up, watching a movie. They looked so cute, a big smile crept onto my face.

"Tell me ALL of the details." She emphasized the word "all". Theo just sighed and rolled his eyes.

"I'm very interested to know as well. Don't leave us in the dark." Thomas soon followed.

"Our day was..." Theo paused and turned to me, as if waiting for my answer.

"A-Amazing!" I stuttered after being put on spot. To be honest though I didn't really have to think of an answer. "I had a great time." I expressed with great joy, looking over at Theo. I could swear a million times over that he was blushing! I continued filling them in on the details of our day, leaving out the... kiss of course. That was only between Theo and I. The more I went on the more invested and focused they became. I guess Theo's deprived them for so long they became a even more desperate.