Chapter 44 - The Wolf In Sheep's Clothing

For some reason I can't shake the feeling that some of you are upset with me. As I have said before I apologize for not being able to update more often, but I have other things I enjoy doing and some things I HAVE to do. I don't want to force myself to write when it was only supposed to be a side hobby of mine. I really don't want this to become something stressful. I mean, maybe in the end I could just be receiving it the wrong way, I don't know.

I would also like to point out that the things that may seem unnecessary to the story/plot have a reason for being there. It may not become relevant or apparent immediately but the little things form the plot down the line. This is something I do when telling/writing stories. It probably isn't the greatest thing to do with the pace I update at but I still feel its necessary.

[spoiler removed for future suspense]

-Picture of Kevin (Furukawa Yuki)(I might have used this picture already but whatever)

Keegan's POV

With all thats been happening over the past week I feel like giving up. What's there to live for? If I'm never going to be happy why should I keep on living? Even though these thoughts kept on reoccurring in my head for some reason I kept trying. Today I'm going to to get my answer, I don't care if Stacie is hanging around someone I'm just going to ask. And if that doesn't work I'm going back to step one, Theo.

When I arrived at school I saw Nicki, Stacie and Alayne chatting near the entrance. I marched over to them and pulled Stacie to the side to speak with her. She looked over to the others, probably scared.

"Hey what are you doing?" Nicki called out.

"I just want to ask her something." I responded before turning back to Stacie.

"Can you please tell me what's going on with all of you?" I asked, desperately.

"Y-you should really ask Alayne." She responded in a valley girl accent, chewing bubblegum. I almost pulled out my hair in frustration. Why Alayne? I've already asked her and she didn't tell me a word. I just marched off into the building, again noticing all the prying eyes. Just as I was turning a corner I bumped into Charlie.

"Hey man." He whispered. Well at least someone was talking to me.

"Do you know why everyone is acting this way towards me." I asked, hopeful that he'd give me an answer.

"Not really, just some stuff about you targeting people in the school." Great, now I'm even more lost.

"Targeting people?" I inquired.

"Yeah, like breaking stuff or stealing homework or whatever." He continued to whisper. I can't believe I didn't think to talk to him earlier. Now I finally have something to go off.

"Do you believe them?" I nervously asked, twiddling my thumbs.

"No... not really, I'm still on your side dude. Its just..." He paused.

"Its just what?" I asked, tilting my head to meet his gaze.