Chapter 7 - Attachment

Yay, another chapter finished. I hope this one is interesting! Thanks you for any Votes, Comments or Shares. They make my day!

-Picture of Theo

Keegan's POV

I crawled into bed, ready to fall asleep. Theo shut off the lights and returned to his bed. This is my first night sleeping in this bed. I hope I'm able to avoid my usual night terrors, now that I'm in a new location. I didn't wake up in a panic yesterday when I slept outside, so hopefully things continue to go that way.

I slowly drifted off to sleep with varying thoughts running through my mind. Things seemed to be getting better for me now that I'm away from home, if I can even call it that. I haven't felt the need to cut yet either so that's a plus.

Just when I thought things would go well I woke up screaming into the night, covered in sweat with my hands trembling uncontrollably. I don't even remember having any nightmares so it was unexpected. Theo woke up to the startling sound.

"Is something wrong?" He mumbled in a sleepy voice. I tried speaking, but nothing would come out. I was still too shaken to respond. Theo sat there watching me until I had control of myself. I shifted myself to the edge of my bed, mimicking Theo's position.

"Sorry... I... I didn't mean to wake you." I apologize, looking down to my feet.

"What happened, are you alright?" He questioned, still sounding a little tired. I've been very closed with from him, not wanting to mention from my past. He's been nothing but kind to me, so I could at least answer his questions honestly.

"I'm fine... Its just, I often get night terrors." I admit with my sight still set on my feet. "I should have told you before hand... sorry."

"...Do you have any way to deal with them, or do you just accept them?" He asked with a fist under his chin.

"I usually just let them happen..." I speak quietly, almost whispering. "When I was younger my mom used to stay with me until I fell asleep. Every time I would sleep like a log. I guess having someone I can trust near me puts my mind at ease... I don't really know." I explain. I remembered that I always enjoyed being around people. I'd feel lonely and uneasy otherwise.

We sat in silence awhile before either of us spoke. "I have a suggestion. Its a long shot... but it might work." He announces. I prop my head up to him and wait for him to speak further. "Why don't you sleep next to me." He says patting the bed beside him. I couldn't tell if he was teasing me or if he actually meant it.

"A-are you sure?" I ask cautiously, checking his facial expression. He seemed serious enough.

"I mean, only if you want to." He shrugs before getting back in bed. I would've decided against it if it was anyone besides him. He's kind and thoughtful, totally different than how I see him at school. That had me a little worried though, why would he act this way towards me when he's usually the opposite to others. With that in mind I still decided to trust him. I stood from my bed, taking my pillow with me and hesitantly trotted over to his. I still felt shaky from earlier but managed to support myself.