Chapter 13 - Moving Forward

This chapter is a little more lighthearted. Hopefully it doesn't have too many errors. Hope you enjoy it!

-Picture of Keegan

I spent most of the day reading like I usually do. Theo was out doing whatever, I don't really know. I heard the door open, which probably meant he had returned. I was right as he entered the room seconds later.

"Yo Keeg, why don't you spend more time outside?" He inquired, walking up to my bed. I should be spending more time outdoors, its just I don't really know what to do. Its not like I have friends I can hang out with, or any outdoor hobby to entertain me.

"I don't know... I guess I just don't really have anything to do." I explain. I lifted my head from the book to lay sight on Theo. As I caught glance at his face a small smile appeared at my lips.

"Wwwanna hang with me?" He questioned looking back towards the door frame of the room. "I'm going dow-" Before he could finish I cut him off with my reply.

"Sure." I piped, hopping up from my bed. He grinned as he watched me approach his side. I was excited to be spending time with someone. It was great knowing that someone wanted to hang around me, not cause they had to but rather they wanted to.

Theo and I left the cabin and headed towards the trees that cast shadows over the park during the evening.

"Right, as I was saying earlier I plan on heading to the beach, or close to it anyway." He informed looking down at me.

"Sorry." I apologize with a cheeky smile, feeling a little bad for interrupting him earlier.

"Nah, its alright." He assured, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"So... how are you feeling." He asked in a more serious tone. I immediately knew what he was referring to, but it took me a moment to reply.

"I'm, fine..." I respond, looking up to him wearing a smile.

"That's good." He replied, with a handsome smile creeping on his lips.

We walked awhile longer almost reaching our destination in a comfortable silence.

"Thanks again, Theo." I utter quietly, looking down to my feet. I peeked up a little to catch a smile still on his face.

"Oh we're here." Theo announced as we arrived at a grass patch near the beach. This area made me realize just how many beautiful locations this park contained.

Theo sat in the grass and patted the area beside him, meaning for me to sit next to him like he usually does.

"So what are your hobbies besides reading?" He asks as I positions myself next to him. "I mean, you've said you don't have much to do outdoors so do you have anything besides reading to occupy yourself with?"