Chapter 42 - Determination

Ah gosh, the comments from last chapter had me dying. I was doing nothing but smiling and laughing while reading through them. I can assure you, Alayne will get whats coming to her, but I can't say when or how. 

I apologize for not being able to update more often but this lad's got too many things to do week round.  I'd love to focus on writing but there are other things I want to focus on as well, so I have to balance them out.

-Picture of Keegan (Collin Ford)

Keegan's POV

I got off of the school bus, excited for school. I know that's an odd thing for most people but school is like the only place I'm surrounded by people who like me. Its like a temporary escape from my endless nightmare.

I stopped by the stairs to the school, waiting for Theo. I didn't see his car in the parking lot so I'm assuming he still has yet to arrive.

After a couple minutes he pulled in the parking lot and came from around the corner of the school.

"Hey Theo." I greeted excitedly.

"What were you doing here on friday after class?" He asked suddenly, ignoring my greeting.

"What a way to greet someone." I said with satire.

"Answer the question!" He yelled, worrying me. Had something gone wrong, did I do something?

"A-alright." I stuttered, fear clear in my tone. I thought back to friday realizing that was the day phase two of Operation Theo took place. I couldn't tell him about that could I? I mean I'm literally trying to win him over in secret, it wouldn't make any sense if I just said it out right. I quickly ran over every possible cover up.

"I was getting some books and left over schoolwork from my locker." Is that really what I settled for? Now that it was said out loud it doesn't seem as convincing. Theo's gaze sharpened with his eyes becoming void of light. His dark expression made my heartbeat drop as if time itself had frozen. He just turned away not speaking another word.

"Uh Theo... is something wrong?" I asked, nervously following behind him.

"Don't talk to me." He commanded in a deep, heavy voice. His words almost stopped me in place, but I kept pressing. I wanted to know what was wrong. Theo's never acted this way towards me before.

"Theo... wait! What's wrong?" I asked trying to keep up with him. My legs were shaking non-stop, making it a difficult task.

"I need space." He growled, stopping me in my tracks. I couldn't comprehend what was going on. D-did I do something wrong? I was dying for an answer but he wouldn't talk to me, so I left it alone. He walked away, leaving me at the door.

I figured I'd ask Alayne what was going on with Theo. When I got to my locker she was nowhere to be found. It was a little strange since she either meets me at the entrance of the school, the halls or my locker but I hadn't seen her once. She wasn't even near her locker.