Chapter 54 - My Feelings

Start from the beginning

I couldn't contain my excitement, I had to see the animals. I contentiously grabbed Theo's hand, dragging him around throughout the whole day, and he didn't seem to mind. No matter how many times I told myself to stop I never could.

The penguins I've waited so long to see were just as amazing as I envisioned them. The way they'd waddle back and forth, their clumsiness, their fuzzy feathers, all of it was just so charming. I couldn't pull my eyes away from them. I've always wanted to pet one but sadly today was not the day.

The rest of the animals were cool too. I named at least one in each exhibit. Let's just say there are a lot of Animals named Theodore now. Breanne the penguin was my favorite though.

Despite our day at the zoo being so eventful I wasn't ready to go home. I wanted to spend more time with Theo. I didn't know if I was bothering him or not, but I just couldn't bring myself to go home. When I told him he suggested we take a walk around the town. Thank gosh he didn't seem to be upset.

The town was enveloped by an orange hue by the setting sun. I wanted to stretch out my arms, fall back on some grass and watch the sun disappear behind the mountains. The town gave me a cozy feeling. The yellow lights of the small shops shining onto the streets, the delicious smells pouring from the near by stores and bakeries, I could live here forever.

Theo And I found a little bridge on our walk. The view from it was breathtaking. I was captured in the sky's beauty. Theo joined me and together we stood there, watching the gazing out to the vast sky. I felt that this was a good time to thank him for taking me out today, and also apologize for my clinginess. It used to be a habit of mine, one that I thought disappeared long ago.

Just as I was about to finish thanking him a pair of lips captured mine, working them in a blissful motion. It was Theo. I stumbled as he pulled me closer with his free arm, deepening the kiss. Is this what it feels like? Is this what a kiss feels like? It was so out of this world that I had to question if it was real. The way he held me, the way he towered over me, it all made me feel so safe.

I began questioning his intentions though, isn't he straight? Was this some kind of joke? Was it out of pity? Confusion erupted in my head as Theo pulled away. His eyes staring into mine, the soft look he wore quickly changed into one of fear.

"Sorry... I just." He started nervously, but failed to continue his sentence.

"Is this a joke... or do you..." I asked him, my voice also shaky.

"No! This wasn't... it wasn't a joke." He said. I lifted my head from the ground, and looked into his eyes.

"S-so, you do... like me?" I stuttered, obviously nervous.

"More than you could ever imagine." My cheeks lit up like the fourth of july. Despite practically being on fire the chills trailing through my spin were potent.

"Why? Why did you wait so long if you knew... If you knew I liked you back?" I hesitantly questioned.

"There were a lot of reasons I guess." He shrugged. "The biggest one being that I didn't think you were ready for me to drop all of my feelings out there while you were going through so much. Especially since I was one of the causes..." Pain lingered in his voice as he answered.