Chapter 54 - My Feelings

Start from the beginning

"Hanging out with you every day during the trip made me realize how much I actually liked you." I admitted as a half smile crossed my face. "I'm still sorry I didn't believe you though. I let my emotions get the better of me." Suddenly I felt a pair of small arms wrap around me.

"I forgive you." Keegan said, capturing me in a hug.

The ride back home was nothing but silence, other than the engine of the car and the tires on the road. I glanced over at Keegan a couple of times and noticed he was staring out the window with smile on his face. By the time we arrive back at my place he'd fallen asleep. Can't blame him, using all of that energy throughout most of the day. It's getting pretty late anyway. Charlie called my phone earlier, telling me they were about to eat dinner and that I should hurry home if I wanted to make it on time. Keegan and I stayed out a little longer than expected though so I'm sure they've already finished up by now.

"Yo Keeg, wake up." I whispered, ruffling his hair. His eyes snapped open much quicker than I expected.

"We're home?" He asked in a sleepy voice, rubbing his eyes.

"Yeah, I can carry you in if you want?" I chuckled.

He pouted at me. "No I can walk." With that we both got out.

Keegan's POV (earlier in the day)

Hanging out at the arcade with Theo was amazing! I had so much fun. The time I spent with Alayne didn't even compare to the time I had with Theo. Despite all that's happened I was able to let myself be free around him. Knowing the time we spent together during the school actually meant something to him made it easier. These past couple of months have been really hard on me but the Martin family were so accepting and kind taking me in. When I thought there was no place left on earth for me the Martins were that bright pillar of light that I was desperately in need of.

Most of my time at the arcade I spend goofing around. This made Theo chase me around and tickle me senseless. Just like the time we had that pillow fight. We gained quite a bit of attention, but I didn't care, I was having fun.

With the small about of tickets I managed to collect I traded them in for a charm, one that I later gave to Theo. He really seemed to like it. That made me happy. The amount of stuff he got for me was shocking though. I felt bad that all I managed to win him was a small measly charm. I guess I can blame that on him though, the competitive jerk.

 (Play the song) 

The drive to the Zoo was beautiful. The roads Theo took were lined with trees in a variety of colors. What was even more surprising is that it isn't too far away from my neighborhood. The falling leaves blew across the hood of the car. The wheels of the vehicle left trails of stirred leaves behind them, lifting them from the pavement. The beauty of it all put a smile on my face. Theo glanced over at me from time to time also wearing a pleasant smile.