Kindness

I'm such a idiot! How come I didn't think of this sooner!? I could've just sensed for him instead of running around town like a maniac. How embarrassing I must've looked! Let's just hurry and find this guy.

I took in a deep breath to calm my beating heart which was hard to do as my arm was continuously thumping in pain. Once it was steady enough that I could concentrate, I closed my eyes. I searched for the heat source of a dragon slayer. It couldn't be Sting's, Rouge's, or Nyx. It was to be different from the rest.

After searching in the vicinity of the town, I came across a heat signature. It was further away than the others which told me how that was the one.

I found him!

———————————————————————————————

My feet were aching in pain and the blood from my arm was dripping the entire way over here. Turns out, this boy lives high up a hill ways away from the town. Without my dragon senses, I probably would have never found him at all. Now I'm quite pissed.

The bushes from behind me started to move. Being slightly startled, I stopped in my tracks and listened in. It woukdve made sense if it was a rabbit or a few or something but what came out truly confused me.

"Yobu yobu!"

"W-what?" What kind of creature would make a noise like that? How unnatural.

"Yobu! Where did you go?!"

I hurriedly ducked into one of the bushes to conceal myself. Footsteps rushed over to where I was just standing and the yobu creature continued on with its ramblings.

"There you are little guy. Don't run off like that again or you'll give me a heart attack."

"Yobu yobu!"

I shrunk down a bit more, listening in. So this is the mage that I was sent to find a bring back. He seems nicer than what the villagers described him as.

"You can come out now. Your not really concealed that much."

It took me a while to understand that he was talking to me. I only realized it when a gentle and was placed on my shoulder. I jumped in surprise, falling back onto my bum. I stood straight up and laughed, trying to play off my embarrassment.

"Who are you?"

"Lucy Yakshini. Nice to meet you." I held out a hand in whichever direction that I was currently facing. He grabbed on and shook it.

"What happened to your arm?"

"This? This is nothing. Just an injury I got while fighting just now." I spoke with a shrug, hiding the fact that my arm was pulsing.

"Come with me. I'll heal you up."

"Yobu yobu!"

We walked along side each other, the creature in his hands yelling out the entire walk. To get rid of the growing silence, I began a conversation with the boy.

"What's that thing your holding?"

"It's my friend. I call him Yobu since that's all he says."

"I see." I began humming to myself to ease the silence that grew between us.

"You're a dragon slayer, aren't you."

"Yeah, how did you know?"

"I could smell it written all over you. There's other here with you, right?"

"That's right."

"We're here."

He continued to walk forward and a slight noise was heard.

"Why don't you come inside. I'll heal you in here." I walked inside behind the still nameless boy. He lead me over towards a soft couch and sat me down.

"Alright. Want to tell me how this happened in detail?"

"I was walking, flew high into the air, hit by something spiky, and then somehow wounded up here with you. That's as much detail as your getting."

"That's fine I guess." He washed off my wound with a damp rag and applied ointment. He then wrapped a gauze around my entire arm, gently holding it up by my shoulder.

"There, all better."

"What's your dragon slayer magic?"

"That's a weird topic of conversation."

"I'm just curious. Not everyday you see a dragon slayer living all alone and outcastes from his own village."

"...you got me there. Alright, I'll tell you. I use aether dragon slaying magic."

"I've heard of that before. That's life magic, isn't it?"

"Partially. I can't create my own human being but instead, I make these little guys. They fight for me and are my friends as well. Kind of like that rare magic...what's it called again?"

"Celestial magic?"

"Yeah, that one. Where they have companions who the fight along side of. That's what it's like with them. Instead, I don't use keys." I laughed at his little joke.

"Lucy!" Multiple voices were laced into one word. My name. Footsteps came running in at full speed, right into the room that we were currently situated in.

"Who the hell are you!?"

"Sting, language!"

"Guys, calm down. He's a friend."

"Really now. What's his name?" I took a few moments to think over Nyx's question. I never really got the chance to ask him, either that or I'm just really dumb.

"Anyway, what happened with the monster?"

"We took care of it. Mostly, it was Minerva's doing. Back to my question. What is his name?"

"Did you guys collect the award money?"

"Yes, it's all right here in my pouch. What's his name?"

"That's great you guys. Minerva, I knew you could do it!"

I kept invading Nyx's question with my own sayings. If I said that I didn't know his name now then my embarrassment is going to sky rocket.

"My name's Ace. Lucy here was just to shy to say anything. I can completely understand." Ace had spoke up for me and I'm thankful that he did. "Just to hurry this up, I am an aether dragon slayer."

"So your like, my other half brother then!"

"Other half brother?"

"I'm a light dragon slayer and Rouge here is a dark dragon slayer."

"Amazing."

"Hey, is it possible that you would want to come back with us?" My team had gasped at my words, Minerva being the only silent one since she knew of our plan.

"Come back with you where?"

"To Sabertooth of course! I know that staying here is really lonely for you. That's why you should come with us, make friends, join a guild, become our nakama!"

I threw my one good arm around Ace, pulling him into the tightest hug that I could muster. He hummed and threw an arm over me as well.

"What do you say Yobu? Should we go with them to this Sabertooth?"

"Yobu yobu!"

"Alright then. I guess that settles it. If the guild accepts us, we'll become apart of your family."