Chapter 33

I wondered the bustling streets of the town, watching civilians buying items or just window shopping for things they liked. My hands were clasped behind my back as my eyes searched for what a originally came to do, it's smell growing stronger by the second.

My teammates were still watching the GMG battles unfold themselves, carefully watching their opponents for signs of weakness and the ways in which they fought. I had to leave, telling them that it was some kind of emergency.

In fact, it sort of was. With my nose being stronger than others, I smelt a faint hint of something familiar but different at the same time. As if I should know what it is but can't place my finger on it. This encouraged me to head out and find what it was.

My nose, high into the air, sniffed for its scent once more. Diverse smells filled the air which made it impossible to find what I was looking for. Sighing heavily, I walked up to this stand near by. The man behind the counter smiled at me, crinkles forming in the creases of his eyes.

"Hello miss. Anything I can get for you?"

"Uumm...what do you recommend?"

"One of my specialties. I think it's one of the finest dishes that I can cook. Lots of meat and a nice drink to go with it."

"I'll take that. How much would it cost?"

"On the house. You and that nice gentleman that came here earlier seemed to be the only two interested in trying my food. Especially when I'm the only one to be selling these kinds of meats around these parks. Thank you very much."

He turned away from me and went to work on grilling up the food. My eyes scanned over the area once again when my nose caught the scent of something that smelt a lot like the meat that the man was cooking at the moment. There was no way that was a coincidence. It must be that man he talked about just now. He also carried that familiar scent with him as well.

"Here you go. All cooked up and ready!"

I smiled gently at the old man and took the bag that he handed me. In a rush, I hurriedly slipped through the groups of people in hopes of finding who I was looking for.

"Look, it's that girl from the games!"

Suddenly, I was surrounded by the civilians from the street. They bombarded me with questions and asked for autographs as though I were someone famous. I tried to excuse myself but that only made problems worse when I couldn't find a escape route.

I should've listened to Nyx while I had the chance to put on a cloak. Who knew these guys would go crazy over just seeing me in the streets. What am I gonna do?!"

As though someone answered my prayers, I felt a warm hand grab mines through the crowd of people and pulled me down until I hit the cement ground next to everyone's feet. Now I truly felt uncomfortable in this stance.

The warm hand pulled mines through the crowd without them noticing a single thing. I was being trampled on multiple times but I can clearly say that I had worse days. Especially when we went on those stupid missions that we would allow Sting to pick out.

Finally out of the crowd, I was then pulled along into a dark alley way ways away from the civilians who roamed the streets. I placed my hands on my knees and took in deep breaths. In all my life I never had to run that much before. I really am out of shape. I might just take on stings offer to train with him next time he asks.

"You ok? I saw you out there. You looked like you were being suffocated." A laugh was followed after the man spoke. I could tell who it was just by their voice and the way they laughed. It was uncanny that I couldn't forget a voice like this even though we only knew each other for a few days.

"Natsu!" His toothy grin could light up any darken days. I was beyond happy that he was the one who saved me from those packs if wolves out there.

"I just wanted to say that you were awesome out there, even if you did destroy the machine in the end. In the end, that was awesome! Your really strong!" I slightly blushed at his compliment. Sure, lots of people had told me that over the years but none so kind and sweet as his.

"Thanks. I can't wait to see you in battle. Maybe we might fight each other. One can only hope, right?" He hummed in response. I enjoyed the silence that accompanied afterwards. It felt natural and warm. That is, until that scent had caught my nose once again.

It smelt closer than before but quickly retreating. I can't let it get away this time. Placing a hand on Natsu's warm chest, I thanked him for his help and hurriedly left the darkness of the alley way, leaving his confused face behind.

Turning the corner, I pushed my legs to run faster to catch up to the speeding away cloaked figure that was just down the road. From the person's smell and height, I could tell that it was a man that I was racing after. He wore a black cloak which hid him from my view. Hastily running, I didn't think to use any of my magics to read his mind or stopping him in his tracks. I guess I'm as simple-minded as Natsu.

The sky quickly turned dark as the stars lit the now empty streets. I couldn't tell what time it was since I've been chasing him for what seemed like forever. He made twist and turns that I thought I couldn't keep up with but it seemed like I could. My legs throbbed in pain as I breathed heavily, my chest heaving. My throat felt dry with all of the air that seeped into it.

Suddenly, he made another turn that lead down towards another alley way. What is with these alleys and me today?

He abruptly stopped in his tracks which caused me to lose my footing. I slipped and landed head first onto the ground. Tears filled my vision as everything became foggy and unclear. The cloaked figure turned my way, his hair slightly poking out from its hiding. I could see midnight black bangs with some white fluff in the back. His face was still unknown.

He walked towards me and flipped me on my back. Staring down at me, I could make out black eyes staring directly into my red ones. His lips were moving but I couldn't hear a single thing, not even with my enhanced ears. Only one thought filled my kind as I passed out from the pain in my head.

                                      God damn my clumsiness!