Becoming Family

I don't know when I fell asleep but when I had awoken, I was in a dark cave structure. The walls looked damp but when I felt them, I could tell they were as dry as a peach- I think.

There was no furniture at all and the cave's ceiling and width looked as though it could fit three Acnologia's in one go. Speaking of which, where did that magnificent being go?

Standing up from my sitting position, I began to wonder around. I looked through every nook and cranny of this place; even the ridiculously small corners that I knew he would never be able to fit through.

"What are you doing?"

I almost jumped out of my own skin thanks to his scary yet majestic voice. He stood tall behind me, a basket placed by his feet. I couldn't tell what was in it because it was too tall to see.

"I-I was trying to look for you. You disappeared and I didn't know what else to do." My voice narrowed down into a whisper. He stared at me for some time while I hung my head down in shame. How could I act like such a wimp in front of a powerful being like him? What's wrong with me!?

I would've slapped my forehead in embarrassment if it wasn't for the large claw that sat on top of my messy head. I could tell that he was holding back his strength as not to crush me. Was he trying to pat my head? I never took this entity to be...gentle?

Looking up, I could see how embarrassing this was for him. He was looking away from me with a hint of a blush. I was mesmerized by the sight. However, it was gone in a flash as he took away his claw and stared at me with confidence and authority. I immediately straightened up and stared back at him, not wanting I'm to think that I didn't care about what he would say.

"I bought back dinner. You need to cook it. That is all."

With that, he called forth his majestic wings and flew out of the cave and into the night sky. I didn't know if he was coming back but I could only hope. For right now, I have to follow his orders. Looking around, I found a few twigs and pebbles that weren't too damp. They would be perfect fire starters.

While prepping for the feast I was sure would be inhumanely disastrous, I began to hum. It was the only thing I could think of doing to pass the time while I waited for the campfire to heat up.

I strategically placed the twigs all around in a small circle which was concealed by the pebbles that I previously found.

Scratching the two rocks together multiple times, I finally gained a spark from them. It lit up the sticks into my very own campfire. It wasn't too big but it also wasn't so small that I gained no heat from it. This fire is perfect to cook.

I decided to skin the dear first seeing as though the rabbits would take no time at all. Plus, if Acnologia comes back, I want him to eat first. Something that grand has to be treated like a king.

I placed the now skinned dear into the fire with a bit of trouble. That thing was heavier than it looked. It took most of my upper body strength just to push that thing. I'm really tired but I can't sleep just yet. I still have the bunnies to do.

I didn't notice the sound of flapping wings as I was too immersed on the made-up song in my mind and making dinner. Doing two things at once can really take a lot out of a person.

He stood off to the side and listened intently. His ears strained to hear the faint sound that vibrated from the back of my throat. Once he did catch a hint of it floating by, he couldn't help but catch it and never let it go.

As I finished the song, I sat and watched the flames lick the air and dance about as if it were the end of the world.

"Lucy."

I sat straight up and turned towards my left where the amazing being that I've been waiting for stood. We locked eyes for a few seconds before he held out a large claw towards me. Even though he stood ways away in this gigantic cave, he was still somehow able to reach out to me without much of a struggle.

"W-what is it?" I asked hesitantly. I knew not to be too worried but I couldn't help it. I'm new to this...hospitality thing that he is showing me. So much kindness for such a scary entity. What a wonderful thing.

"Take my hand."

Doing as I was told, I took a clawed finger. My hands were too small to try and take the whole thing.

Suddenly, my heart was thumping wildly. My pupils dilated and I sweated profusely. I couldn't tell what was happening to me as my knees buckled from underneath. My breathing soon picked up speed and I tried to catch my breath.

Acnologia towered over my quivering body, not moving an inch to help me.

"Do not fear. This is only just the beginning."

What did he mean by that?