Chapter 12

Chapter 12 ~ Hurt

''We should go in a few.'' Nova announced, glaring up at the clock that hang close to Stiles' bed. She stretched her legs before closing her book that she'd been reading in for the past thirty minutes. Stiles had vanished into his bathroom, saying he was going to change but Nova knew for a fact that there had to be more going on with him.

''Okay.'' His voice startled her. He walked inside, wearing a black tuxedo with a white shirt underneath. A simple, black tie hanging loose around his neck. He was trying to fix the tie but stopped when he caught a glimpse of the girl sitting on his bed. He swallowed and gasped for air that suddenly didn't seem to arrive in his lungs.

She looked gorgeous- He had done the greatest job picking out that dress. Back in Macy's, Nova had been too stubborn to show Stiles how the dress looked on her, though he could quite well imagine what she must look like. Damn, he'd been wrong. She looked so different.

''You look great.'' Nova chuckled, proud on herself for choosing this tuxedo. She jumped to her feet and approached Stiles. ''And I looked up how to tie a tie.'' She smiled content and once she stood right in front of the boy, she pushed his shoulders down just a bit. Then, calmly as if she was isolated from the world, Nova tied the tie.

She was only a few inches away from him. His gaze was burning on her, but she avoided looking into those warm pools of joy. Stiles glanced at her lips, her eyes, her everything. ''You look really beautiful.'' His cracked voice came out as a whisper, but she'd heard him.

Once the tie was fixed, Nova stepped back and grinned widely at Stiles who then spread his arms. She reacted immediately and jumped closer to his chest before she felt his arms wrapped around her torso.

And so they stood for ten minutes.

,

Parking in front of the school, Stiles rushed out of his door only to open the passenger's door like the real gentleman he was. He watched her jump out, struggling to keep her dress on the right place. The two looked around and then Stiles remembered how this was her first time at a High School.

Jackson, whom was completely foreign to Nova, had locked his arms with the also foreign Allison. The two approached Stiles and Nova. Then, without her asking for such a rude comment, she received one that wasn't particularly aimed at her.

''Testicle right has found a date to the formal. God, how much did you need to pay her to come with you, Stiles?'' Jackson chuckled, proud of the unnecessary remark he had made. With a gigantic smirk on his face, he looked at Stiles- Something Nova didn't appreciate.

''Less than you'll need to pay your future wife.'' Nova stood perplexed by herself- Her usual shy and quite attitude had vanished and all of a sudden she had the guts to say anything.

Stiles snorted at that, and all Jackson did was growl before walking off.

Later, when they got inside, Stiles offered Nova some punch who quietly rejected the offer. She looked around, intrigued by the thousandths of decorations. This place looked magnificent, something Nova had only seen in television shows.

''You want to dance?'' He asked, trying his absolute best to avoid any awkward and long silences. He could see how curious the girl next to him was, but Stiles could also see that she felt slightly anxious towards this entire new world.

''Um..'' Her gaze shifted between the dancing teenagers and Stiles. To her, it seemed so fun. But dancing was the one thing Nova was terrible at. She would embarrass herself to the fullest- But then there was Stiles' nervous smile she couldn't reject.