Chapter 17- The Confrontation

The Past is something you don't forget because it helps you to shape up your life. We can only let it go, but that happens only if we are mentally strong. There are people out there who laugh and smile for others and show how confident they are, but if we go deeper into their soul, they are as broken as glass pieces. Every person handles the situations differently, some might boast about their pain and sufferings, while some might just silently take in everything for years but it's not the end because the more they store inside them, when the reality dawns on them again, they are bound to burst into flames which might burn every single thing.

Believe it or not, a smiling face might not always mean a smiling heart. There is a deeper meaning to it which can only be explained by those who have seen the hardest phases in their life, but they didn't accept defeat instead they emerged out victoriously to some extent, but can that victory heal their wounded soul?

Raisha kept on staring at Aayush still trying to take in the truths that he knew about her but he still didn't question her for once, neither he gave away anything regarding his doubts. But the bigger question was how did he even find out when she didn't talk about herself much to anyone not even to Isha?

Aayush caressed her one cheek and took her another hand in his, kissing her palm and Raisha pulled away her hand from his, moving away from him, while he just stared at her with hurt.

"How did you find out?" she asked not meeting his eyes and he saw her uneasiness.

"That day when you fainted, the doctor asked me whether you were on medications or not and that is how I went and checked your dance registeration form to confirm your identity which I actually thought when we met on the first day", he explained making her sigh.

He kept his both hands on her shoulders and turned her around. Lifting her chin up with his index fingers he made her look in his eyes and asked "Why you didn't want me to know that it was you Raisha. It would have answered the connection I felt for you the moment we met?" She didn't say a single word and kept on looking at him blankly, confusing him more and more.

Seeing her not saying anything, he sighed and said: "It's okay that you didn't want me to know but I am glad it's you". He smiled a little and pulled her in for a hug finally letting his fears of losing her go away because he knew she loved him too, he had felt it and that's what he wanted to believe. But seems he had let his fears go away too soon because her next words didn't surprise him, they made him turn into a statue.

"I am just a sympathetic attention seeker who kept on using her ailments to get marks and you even wondered whether I was really ill or not? I am not some princess whom you wished to say good bye in person. It was a good riddance for you and you never wish to meet people like me again", she said his words from the past and he kept on looking at her with wide eyes.

"What happened now? Why did you pull back from me?" she asked little loudly, but her voice was cold and distant. Aayush can't believe his ears that she had heard all of it.

"You knew?"

She laughed an emotionless laugh and yelled loudly"Yes I knew Mr.Aayush Khandelwal what I am for you and how happy you have been to be away from me. I knew how you humiliated me in front of your friends and laughed at my state. I knew how you doubted my capabilities and thought me as an attention seeker".

Aayush was not just shocked, the guilt that he felt in that moment was beyond explainable. When he had said those words never for once he had thought that she would hear it. He knew what he was saying was wrong, but the circumstances made him say all that for her and he couldn't take back anything because the damage was already done.

"You asked me why I didn't want you to know that it was me? You are the reason for it Aayush, only you. If you would have known that it was me then the whole college would have known about my horrible past because you thought of me so low to go behind my back and make a mockery of me", she yelled again with anger clear in her voice.