Five

To someone I loved,

It shouldn't have come as a surprise to me to find out that you liked another girl. I should've seen it coming, but I didn't. Completely blinded by the thought of you returning the same feeling I had, I forgot about you having feelings for someone else. I'm sorry I didn't think you would like someone else.

I've got sources. I found out her name. Maybe it'll come to a surprise to you, but I used to be friends with her way back in the old days. I remember inviting her to my birthday parties and playing with her on the playground. We were kids then, but now we've both grown up.

She grew out of her shell and blossomed into someone beautiful. I haven't grown to that point yet. She has long flowing hair that appears to shine like silk. I have dull hair that tends to have a mind of its own. Her height nearly matches yours. I'm still shorter than most people, including you and her. You and her could've been perfect together. I'm assuming things wouldn't have worked out for us.

The part I didn't understand was why the two of you weren't an item. You had a thing for her and she might've had a thing for you too. So as my sources were verified as reliable, I found out she didn't return the feeling to you. Many people found out about your secret for her. Was it possible that the feelings for her faded away after you confessed? Were you heartbroken when you heard the news of the unrequited emotions?

As much as I would like for us to be together, the only thing I truly want is happiness, for the both of us. Whether or not we end up in each other's arms, I still want happiness. If you get the chance to be with her and take it, it'll be a chance I would've taken if I were you. I'm assuming that if you had to choose between me and her, you would choose her. And I'll cope with your decision, eventually learning to move on. I'm sorry I wasn't good enough, but at least I'll have made your choice easier and less nerve wrecking.

With love,

someone who couldn't compete with her