Twenty-five

To someone I loved,

My mind has been changed. Following the past events, my emotions have felt  they needed to take a different path. It's true when people say that a girl's feelings can change in an instant. At least it lives true for me. One day, I had strong feelings for you like a fire that wouldn't die down. The next day, a massive wave took the fire out and left without a trace. My flame has been extinguished. It doesn't burn and shine brightly anymore. It is only ashes of what used to live there.

I cannot remember the exact day that I chose to take this path. It seemed like yesterday, but at the same time, it feels as if it were months ago. I've dragged this thought that we could have something special on for far too long. Sometimes it pains me to recall the memories you have given me. Then sometimes, I feel as if I don't care anymore. Despite a voice telling me it didn't matter anymore, I still cared even when I didn't show it. I still care and I have a feeling that I always will care. Possibly when the years have passed and I have another someone special in my life, I will remember the times I've shared with you and those thoughts of me caring for you will rise once again. For now, just know that I still care even if you might not believe so.

Thank you for becoming part of my life. You might not stay for long, but you have made your mark in my life. For a point in time, I had no idea who you were and I didn't care who you were. Then time passed, and you've become a huge part in the big turning point in my life. You've caused me to hate you, to love you all at the same time. I have no idea how you did it, but you've done it. So again, I thank you for opening a new door and not leaving yet.

I promise that one day you will learn the whole truth, but for now, the truth is I loved you for so long but I never knew the exact reason why. I couldn't reach my reason for the longest period of time. That might've played a key role, but all I can say now is that I no longer love you. And that is why I have addressed these letters to someone I loved.

With love,

someone who loved you