Zayn : P/S I love you

I’m staring at Niall across from me. Starting from my right and working around the semi-circled booth are Louis, Niall, Liam, Harry, and directly beside me - Zayn.

The boys all laugh at some joke Zayn cracks. I’m not listening, but if I were I doubt I’d find it funny.

We’re at a bar & grill and I’m just not in the mood. For anything. Zayn picked me up from work only thirty minutes ago and my feet are killing me as well as my head. The get-together was supposed to include Eleanor as well, but she had to cancel - which made my attending even less appealing.

"Y/N?" Zayn’s hand lands on my forearm, “did you hear that?"

"Sorry?"

He rolls his eyes and leans back dramatically. “She never listens to what I’m sayin’. That’s why I’ve got a couple others lined up when I get tired of her." He winks at me and puts his arm over the back of the booth.

Niall, Liam, Lou, and Harry all scoff, but I take his arm from around me and put it beside him, completely unamused.

Thankfully, the food arrives and leaves no room for further chatter as everyone starts stuffing their face.

I know he was only joking, but his comment still hurt. He knows I have trust issues, and here he is throwing it back at my face.

We’ve been together for almost two years and he hasn’t cheated, but he’s admitted to being unfaithful in past relationships.

I look down at my burger and I’m too tired to lift it to my mouth.

Apparently Liam notices my lack of appetite. “Babe, are you not hungry?"

Before I can respond Zayn pipes up, “She’s always hungry."

I throw Zayn a What-The-Hell look, erasing the smile off his face. Turning back to Liam I answer, “I’m just not feeling too good."

He smiles reassuringly, “I’m sure it’s just from being on your feet all day. You don’t think it’s a virus, do you?"

Once again, Zayn feels the need to speak for me, “She doesn’t get sick, plus we were up for a while last night, if you know what I mean." He wiggles his eyebrows.

I snort, making it seem like he’s kidding when in all reality we really had been up late last night. My mouth had helped him with a tough situation. Regardless of whether it’s true or not, his remark pisses me off because I’m not one to kiss and tell.

The waitress comes by and refills drinks. The boys talking picks up again as I take small bites of my fries. It seems some sport on the t.v. has called to them.

At a lull in the conversation I feel Zayn’s warm palm on my left thigh just above the knee.

I look at him and he smiles softly, rubbing his thumb against my jeans as Harry grabs his attention. I’m about to lean into him, wiping the night’s slate clean before his fingers dance upward, drawing against my inner thigh.

Why does he wait for the most inappropriate times to get horny? I interlace our hands, trying subtly to discontinue his intentions. It works for a while, but soon enough his hand is back on my leg, squeezing as he makes his way nearer my crotch.

I push him away from me and stand up, huffing, “I’m leaving." I glance at Zayn, “If you don’t want to drive me I can catch a cab."

"What do you mean, Y/N? Of course I’m driving you." He’s puzzled, his eyes crinkling.

"I’m ready now, so if you want to stay you can."

"Y/N. Don’t be ridiculous." He speaks to the guys, “Yeah, it’s time to call it a night."