Liam : Tattoo

"Squeeze my hand if it hurts," Liam whispered to me, offering me his left hand. I was reclined on my back, the tattoo artist arranging his instruments beside me. After much debate, I had finally decided on what to get as my first tattoo and Liam had tagged along.

I smiled lightly and reached out to intertwine my fingers with his own. The light buzzing behind me signaled to me that my artist was starting soon. With a light gasp, a stinging quickly spread through my forearm and through my entire arm.

"Are you okay, babe?" Liam asked. He was always concerned about me. I nodded slightly but squeezed his arm nonetheless, showing my lie.

"I wish you’d just let me see what he’s doing," my boyfriend stated (for the millionth time) and shot me his best puppy dog face. It was hard to resist but through lots of practice, my skills had definitely improved.

"Nope," I winced again at the pain. “Not until we get home."

Liam bent to kiss my fingers and kept watching me. The man beside me kept working, making light conversation with us as he went.

"Alright, we’re done here," the artist said shortly. My piece was quite small and therefore didn’t take much time to complete.

Shielding Liam’s eyes, I look down at it, examining the small art on the back of my arm. “It’s perfect," I breath. The tattoo artist nods his gratitude and wraps my arm in a cotton bandage, explaining how to take care of the new ink. I listen intently although I already know thanks to accompanying the boys and my brother multiple times in the past.

We exit the small shop to a small crowd of fans waiting for us. Liam stops for photos as I just stand to the side, delicately and absentmindedly stroking the bandage. Soon Liam is finished and reached out for my hand, leading us to his car.

"I find out as soon as we get home, right?" Liam asked nonchalantly as he drove, our fingers wrapped together between us. I could tell not knowing was killing him.

"I’ll tell you whenever I feel like it," I smile to myself. Liam chuckled deeply at my cheekiness but doesn’t say anything else.

As we pull into his flat, he parks in his usual spot and takes me hand, leading me to his home. He unlocks his door, gesturing for me to go in front of him.

I go straight to the kitchen, busying myself with making something to eat. Suddenly, two strong arms find their way around my waist. “Can I see it yet babe?" Liam’s asks, his head resting on my shoulder.

"Hmmm, nope," I pop the p turning to face him. He holds me closer.

"If I do this, will you let me see?" he whispers, pulling me in for a strong kiss. His lips pull on my bottom lip, begging for entrance but I deny him. Suddenly, he gives my butt a light squeeze, causing me to gasp. He takes advantage of the opportunity, sliding his tongue into my mouth. He fights me for dominance of the kiss before I finally have to break away.

"The answers still no, Payne," I scoff, looking up at him. His frame towers a good several inches over my own. “But thanks for that," I laugh, turning back to cutting my apple.

"I won’t take no for an answer, babe," he warns, refusing to let go.

"Then you’ll be there a while," I reply popping a piece of apple in my mouth. I can tell he’s beginning to lose patience with my stubbornness but it doesn’t make much difference to me.

"Fine," he sighs, finally letting go and situating himself on the couch in the living room. I join him, my snack in tow. We sit lazily although quite quiet as I crunch on my apple.

"You know," Liam finally speaks from the opposite end of the couch, “I will figure it out. You know you’ll cave."

"Very unlikely," I tease, avoiding eye contact and staring at my phone, trying to seem busy.