Louis : Congrats on the study!

You sit cross-legged on the floor, trying desperately to focus on making your flashcards. The fire crackles in front of you, filling the room with a delicious warmth, as the wind rages outside. It’s the sort of weather that inspires poems and movies – sunny one minute and stormy the next. The trees creak and groan each time the wind howls through them, and you pull your cardigan tighter. You’d been in the same position all day, working through your huge pile of study, and all you want to do is throw it into the fire alongside the logs and go to sleep.

You sigh and put pen to paper once again, determined to get another flashcard or two done before you call it a night. Beside you, your phone vibrates gently and you check the message. You can’t help smiling when you read Louis’ message:

You ok baby girl? The weather outside is horrible!

You better be inside, warm and safe! Xx Louis

You quickly text him back, reassuring him that you’re fine and studying by the fire, before putting your phone back down and getting back to work. The time passes quickly once you’re engrossed in the task at hand, instead of constantly checking the clock to see how much time has passed. Another flashcard made, you put it in the completed pile and sit up, stretching your hands above your head. Your body protests, having been stuck in one position for so long.

A knock at the door startles you. Your parents were out for the evening, and had already texted to say they’d be staying at their friends’ for the night, as it wasn’t safe to drive in this weather.

Standing, you make your way up the stairs and to the front door, turning on the lights in the hallway as you go. You turn the door handle, and immediately the wind pushes it all the way open, slamming it against the wall. You take a step back, and look up, to find Louis, dripping wet, hair plastered to his face, shivering at your door.

“Are you gonna let me in, or do I have to spend all night in this storm? You know they’re saying it’s the worst we’ve had in years.”

Shaking your head, you drag him inside, quickly pushing the door shut, and bolting it. Without speaking, you run upstairs and grab some towels, and throw them over the rails at him, before coming back down the stairs. You can’t help but take a sharp intake of breath as you see Louis shirtless, drying his hair. His discarded shirt lies on the floor, causing a puddle to form around Louis feet. “The laundry is literally RIGHT next to you, Louis,” you jokingly chide him, grabbing his shirt and taking it into the laundry. “Give me your other wet clothes and I’ll put them in the dryer. I’m sure I’ll be able to find something for you to wear in the meantime.”

You don’t hear a reply from him, but you feel him enter the laundry behind you, reaching his arms around you to place his clothes in the dryer. Leaning down to your ear, he pushes aside your hair, and you feel his warm breath against your skin. “Don’t bother finding any clothes for me,” he murmurs and you can feel his smirk against your neck. “Your parents aren’t home, are they?” he quickly adds.

Spinning around, you grab his head and pull him close for a kiss. “No, they’re not. Thankfully,” you say, in between planting kisses on his neck and lips. “Let’s get you warmed up by the fire.”

Holding hands, you make your way down the stairs, and clear your study things away. Grabbing a couple of blankets and pillows off the couch, you dump them on the floor and Louis gets busy spreading them out. After putting your study things on to the table, you turn back to your boyfriend, who is now spread out on the floor, a towel covering his lower half. You sink to the floor and crawl into his arms, resting your head on his chest.