Little Things

"It was, um, really great to meet you Stiles"

"Oh hey yeah, back, uh, back at ya."

"We should hangout again sometime. See you in class Lydia."

Malia stopped at the door, flashing Stiles one last flirtatious grin. Could she be any less subtle? Lydia sat in the corner chair, barely lifting up her hand in a wave to say goodbye.

"So maybe I'll text you sometime"

Stiles only nodded and closed the door.

"Wow Lyds your friend is very straight forward" Stiles smirked. God his annoying little smirk that Lydia could never figure out how to wipe off his face. If only for once she could turn it around to her being the smug one.

"Yeah well that's the only straight she is." Lydia scoffed. Shit. Lydia knows for a fact Malia is in to boys. The words just flew out of her mouth before she could stop them. She didn't even know why she said it.

"What? She's in to girls?" Stiles asks.

"Uh yeah totally. As lesbian as they come." Why she felt the need to keep up the lie was a mystery.

"Huh. I definitely thought she was hitting on me. I guess I'm worse at flirting than I thought." Stiles lightly chuckled.

"Stiles, you couldn't flirt even if a how to flirt for dumbies book hit you in the face."

"Yeah I guess that's why I've never had a real girlfriend." Stiles regrets saying that the moment it comes out of his mouth. He slid down the wall next to Lydia. He sat with his legs bent, shoulder touching Lydia's.

The rain outside started to come down harder and the two sat in silence until Lydia started to shiver. Stiles rubbed his palms over her arms but it only brought in more goosebumps. Lydia's back was now half pressed to Stiles' chest. He continued to rub his thumbs over her arms trying to warm her up.

"Stiles?" Lydia asked quietly, "did you mean that? You've never had a girlfriend?"

Stiles scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, "yeah" he whispered. Lydia could feel his breath on her ear. The tension was thick and Lydia didn't like it. She turned so that she was out of Stiles' arms, facing him. Her legs were crossed so that her knees were touching his shins.

"So does this mean you've like, never kissed a girl?" she laughed.

Stiles shoved her shoulder playfully, "shut up Martin. Of course I've kissed girls before. I just meant that I haven't been in a real relationship."

"Okay so what does one Stiles Stilinski qualify as a relationship?"

"Okay well I think you have to be dating for at least a month. But that's not it. You have to like, really like the person. It seems like a lot of people these days get into a relationship just to say they have a boyfriend or girlfriend. And you have to like, I don't know, know all the little things about them, and actually like them."

"Okay. Examples?"

"Um okay I'll do you yeah?"

"Sure Stilinski. Tell me about my little things" Lydia smiled. Stiles started to pick at his bracelet he always had on. It was light blue, with three black swirls. Strings were hanging from it everywhere, like Stiles had never taken it off. She'd have to ask him what it meant later.

"When you concentrate really hard, your nose scrunches up. And if you look really, really close, you can see a bunch of super light freckles under your eyes. And in the car, you always sing the songs when you think I'm not listening. You have incredibly small hands which I just think is cute but they don't match your incredibly loud personality. I can tell when you hate something because it shows in your eyes. And you probably don't know this but you talk in your sleep. And not just the usual mumbling, like you actually say real sentences." By the time Stiles had finished he was blushing profoundly. All Lydia could do was stare at him because how was she supposed to respond to that? She didn't think anyone had ever payed that close of attention to her before.

Her cellphone going off cut through the thick silence. She glanced down and saw that it was a text from Jackson telling her he was half an hour away.

"Jackson" she said, holding her phone so he could see. "I should go get ready to see him. You're still coming to meet him later right?"

Lydia tried to ignore the hurt look wash over Stiles' face as she said that. It was quickly replaced with fake happiness as he answered yes a little too cheerfully.

*****
Lydia was dressed in a short plaid skirt with a plain red shirt tucked into it. Her hair fell in delicate curls and she had just finished applying red lipstick (which she did not wear often) when there was a knock on her door. Excitement bubbled in her stomach because Jackson was here. She swung the door open with a little too much force which cause an embarrassed laugh come out of her mouth. Jackson held his arms open and she flew into them. Carefully he set her back down.

"Lydia I've missed you so much." he whispered and started attacking her neck with kisses. Lydia giggled as she walked backward into her room, Jackson still attached to her neck.

"Jackson. Jackson stop for a second. My friends, or actually just friend, is gonna be here any minute."

That made her start to think of Stiles and she really couldn't help wondering what his lips would feel like on her neck, lips, collar bones. 'Stop Lydia!'.

He stopped with the kisses and settled on just staring.

"Stop you creep" she smiled.

"Can't help it. When I'm not with you all I wanna be doing is looking at you."

And yeah, okay, that sent Lydia's stomach into tumbles and she kissed him on the lips. They were soon interrupted by a small cough and a knocking on the door. Stiles stood awkwardly with one hand in the pocket of his jeans, the other trying to smooth down his red and blue flannel.

"Stiles hey" Lydia greeted him.

"Hey Martin. And you must be Jason."

"It's Jackson actually." Jackson said roughly, "So this is the friend you invited to meet me? I thought your roommates name was Allison."

"Yeah it is but I've made other friends." Lydia explained.

"Other guy friends." Jackson mumbled. Lydia chose to ignore it for now.

"Hey Lyds I hope it okay but I invited Malia to come with us. Didn't wanna be all third wheel ya know?" Stiles said looking down at his worn out black converse.

"Um sure." Lydia played it cool on the outside, but on the inside, it seemed the only words she knew were 'shitshitshitshit'. Stiles was definitely going to find out Malia doesn't play for the other team.

"I told her to meet us at the restaurant at 8 so we should probably get going." Stiles said checking the time in his phone.

"Yeah" Lydia sighed, "let's go".

••••••
Hello! The beginning is pure fluff and it makes me want to vomit but I like stydia fluff so whadya gonna do? Leave some thoughts maybe? Or predictions? Or tell me it was crap? Any things acceptable. Thanks for reading loves you're all brilliant.