Catch Me

The air was cool, and brisk on her first day of college. The atmosphere was filled with an excited energy and Lydia couldn't help but partake in the feeling. She couldn't wait to get to her dorm room and catch up with her roommate. The two girls had found out they were going to be living together and decided it was best to meet each other before the day they moved in. They met for coffee two weeks prior to this day and discovered they had tons in common.
Allison, or Aly, as Lydia had started to call her, was a beautiful girl. Her hair cascaded down her shoulders in dark locks. She spoke softly but her words were strong. Allison was just the right amount of shy and confident.
Lydia's bold personality usually outshone others, but Allison stood her ground. Lydia admired her for that.
She sighed from exertion as she carried heavy boxes full of her things up the stairs. The many trips up and down made her calfs burn and Jackson wasn't doing much to help. Her boyfriend had gotten a call from his mother and they seemed to be talking for ages. Their hushed tones made Lydia wonder what they were talking about, but knowing Jackson, it was not the best idea to ask. Besides, she only had to carry 2 more boxes.
When she entered the room, she was greeted with a high pitched squeal and was almost thrown backward from Allison's hug.
"Hello to you too" Lydia laughed. Allison finally let go and Lydia stepped back to survey the room. It was small but she was sure that once she got her stuff set up, it would feel like home.
"Where this boyfriend of yours that I've heard so much about?" Allison asked.
"Oh he's outside talking on the phone. Who knows how long that could take." Lydia sighed.
"Uh-oh trouble in paradise?" Allison voiced her concern.
"No everything's fine. It just seems like lately he's been really busy. Enough about that. Are you gonna help me unpack or what?" She smiled. The girls talked to each other like they had been friends for years. That was another thing Lydia loved about her; Allison could carry on a conversation like it was nothing. She would ask questions that a best friend would ask and Lydia was perfectly comfortable with it. In the short time they'd known each other, it seemed like Lydia had told her more about herself than she had told Jackson in 3 years.
Allison grinned in reply and grabbed a box from the hall.
An hour and many boxes later, Lydia was moved in. Jackson finally hung up the phone. When he entered the room he seemed upset so Lydia didn't question him, or complain about how he hadn't helped at all. She was sweet like that. Most of the time, Jackson treated her right, but every now and then he'd ignore her and deal with his own business. Lydia had learned it was best to just let it go. She had been 'letting it go' more and more these days.
*****
She watched him leave after they said their goodbyes. He had kissed her but it seemed void of passion. Lydia knew he would call her tonight to make sure she was all settled. His checking in on her was cute most often, but sometimes he seemed paranoid. Almost like he didn't trust her.
The sky was dark. and Lydia was exhausted. All she wanted to do was take a shower and crawl into her bed and sleep for ages. Classes started the day after tomorrow and Lydia wanted to be fresh and ready. She already mentally devoted tomorrow as a study day.
Grabbing her towel and bathroom bag, she started towards the showers. A look of disappointment crossed her face when she read the sign saying 'closed for maintenance'. Lydia desperately wanted a shower but it looked like she wasn't getting one tonight. Deciding it was best to just head back to the dorm, she told herself she'd check the bathroom tomorrow.
She looked down at her toes frowning as she realized her paint was chipped.
'Oh well' she thought, 'I'm just gonna chip them again so no point in repainting'
Lydia was lost in thought, staring at her toes as she walked. All her thoughts disappeared when she bumped into someone. She flew her hands out in front of her to stop a full on collision. The persons stomach was hard and muscly. Tilting her head upward, she saw this person was a boy. A boy with dark messy hair, who was much taller than her. His eyes are what captivated her most with their chocolatey brown color flecked with golden spots.
"Woah there you okay?" The boy asked.
"Yeah, fine." His hands grasped her forearms and Lydia found it odd that he hadn't let go yet.
"Careful, next time someone may not catch you" he smiled. And just like that, he was gone.

••••
Okay so please leave your thoughts. This actually took me a long time and I tried to make it all nice and descriptive and all that. It's my first STYDIA fanfic I've ever written and
1. I'm only going to keep writing if the response are good. So if you like it, make sure to comment.
2. I always see comments where people point out spelling mistakes and what not and if you guys see one in my stories please point it out.
3. I'm working on the cover so just give me a little time. If someone wants to be an angel and make me an edit, tag @ welcometothegladegreenie on Instagram. Thanks loves