Stay

"No, that's not right!"
"Yes it is I've triple checked!"
"I'm positive it's the other one!"
Lydia and Stiles had been bickering for 10 minutes straight about their essay that was due the next morning. Since neither of the were willing to give up on their position, they decided to just ask the professor. By the time they had gotten to his classroom, he was just walking out the door.
"Professor Hale, wait" Stiles shouted.
They jogged over to him and asked their question, both stating what they were absolutely sure was right.
"Well actually, Stiles answer is correct" Stiles smirked at Lydia, "however, Lydia's isn't technically incorrect. It was once the right answer but recent findings have left Stiles with the best answer."
Lydia sighed as Professor Hale walked away. Stiles stifled a laugh and Lydia punched him in the arm, although not being able to contain her laughter because Stiles' laugh was so contagious.
"C'mon Stilinski, let's just go write this."
It took the pair at least 2 hours to actually sit themselves down and start writing the dreaded essay. Even though they both found the subject particularly interesting, they just couldn't focus. And hour later they had the into paragraph done. They got hungry and took a food break around 10:00 pm. Finishing 2 body paragraphs in the next hour made them feel they deserved a break.
Stiles layed upside down on his couch, head almost touching the floor. Positioned on her stomach, Lydia layed on the coffee table. Stiles was telling her stories all about these crazy things he's done with Scott, and about his dad, and how going to college together hadn't been part of the 10 year plan to all stick close by but they figured the closer the better.
Lydia texted Allison asking what she was doing.
Scott's over. Just laying in my bed. Might fall asleep so be quiet.
Lydia smiled. Two seconds later received another text.
Or sleep somewhere else your choice;)
She rolled her eyes and grinned.
Lydia put her phone down and listened to all of Stiles stories. She noticed the left corner of his lips would go up before the rest when he smiled. He laughed at his own stories which made Lydia laugh. He talked about his dad so gently, Lydia knew he must really love him. Never once did he mention his mom.
They looked at the clock realizing they still had 3 more paragraphs to write and it was approaching midnight. Two more paragraphs were written but they could barely keep their eyes open.
"Hey Stiles, can I maybe sleep on your couch or something tonight. Scott's still with Allison and I don't want to bother them."
Stiles and Scott's dorm was more of an apartment, with 2 bedrooms, a kitchen, and a living room. Lydia's was a one bedroom with a tiny living room.
"Yeah, sure" he replied sleepily. "You think we can just finish this in the morning?"
"No. We are finishing it tonight." Lydia answered, words almost slurring together from being overtired. "You type this one" she said shoving the keyboard towards Stiles. Lydia rested her head on the desk as Stiles started to type.
"Okay Martin what should our conclusion start with?" Stiles waited for a reply but it never came. Glancing over at Lydia he realized she was fast asleep.
"Hey, Lydia"
"Mhmm"
"C'mon, get up" Stiles half carried half walked her to his bedroom. He got her lying down and covered her with a blanket.
"Okay I'll be on the couch if you need me"
"Stiles, I don't like sleeping alone. Will you stay?"
Stiles' lips parted.
"Umm, yeah, I mean, yeah." He lied down next to her and almost gasped when she snuggled next to him. This girl that he knew next to nothing about, that he'd only met 2 days before, trusted him enough to snuggle into him. In that moment she seemed so innocent, contrary to her usual stubborn, outgoing self. How could she be so trusting?

Sleeping at Stiles' place became a regular thing to do with Scott being in Lydia and Allison's dorm so often. And to Lydia, it felt normal, but Stiles couldn't help his heart from fluttering every single time she snuggled next to him.
****
1. I can totally picture this happening and gosh darnit they're so cute
2. I snuck in a little Derek for Ya. Professor Hale
3. This end part was kind of the THG when katniss asks Peeta to stay so give me a sec to cry thanks