Prolouge

Your P.O.V

It's been three years since the curse took effect. I didn't even know curses existed when I was younger. I was 17. I had a pretty good life as a high schooler. I had a loving family, a few good friends, a best friend, I even had a dog. But a few days before prom, I had a slumber party with my girlfriends. Naturally, we did all the fun, crazy things that teenage girls do. We prank called people, ate junk food, and watched movies for 3 hours. Then we decided to play truth or dare. I had a bad feeling in my gut that told me this would end horribly. If only I knew then what would happen I would never have agreed to play.

We played for at least 30 minutes when I finally said "dare". Up until then I had been asking for truth. My best friend Sammi smiled deviously at me. The bad feeling in my gut grew worse.

"I dare you, (y/n), to go to Old Woman KoKo's house and ding dong ditch her!"

All the other girls gasped and looked at me, some excited while others frightened. Now, here in the suburbs of northern California, we don't really have that many crazies. Or many superstitious rules. But one unspoken rule stands to this day: never go near Old Woman KoKo's house. Everyone says she is a witch from the olden days, others say she is a hag who just wants to be left alone. I believe in the witch part.

It was a stupid dare, so I had to do it. We drove out to the witch's house in Sammi's car. I was the only one who got out. The girls watched as I walked up the decrepit walkway, up the rotting steps, and they were still watching as I stood at the door. I stared at the doorbell and looked around for a place to hide once I rang. The bush over there seemed good enough. My finger trembled as I reached for the doorbell. Pushing the button I rang twice and dove into the bush.

The door slammed open and through the leaves I could see Old Woman KoKo. Her beady eyes a pulsing purple, an unnatural color to have. Her hair was scraggly and white, sticking in every direction other than straight down. She was holding a broom in her right hand and she was looking straight at the bush.

"I know you're there you impudent girl," she said in her scratchy voice, anger overlapping the words. "I will make sure you never bother me, or anyone else, again!"

Suddenly, I felt myself being pulled out of the bush. She was levitating me! I floated in front of her and she looked at me with malice. The girls in the car were to afraid to try and help.

"This night, a curse is put upon you!" A swirl of black light edged with purple encircles me. The next words she speaks with a booming voice, no longer the scratchy voice she had earlier.

"Until your soul mate finds you,

Until your True Love's kiss,

You will not be seen and not be heard

And you will not be missed."

A tingling feeling washed over me. It felt okay at first, but soon I was screaming in agony. The burning would not stop! I heard shouts from the girls, but mostly what I heard was KoKo's laughter; shrill and piercing, I would have nightmares containing that laugh for years. Once the pain subsided and I felt the ground underneath me once again, I laid down on the grass in terror. I heard the girls calling for me, and I answered back. But they just kept shouting my name.

Sammi was standing right next to me, calling out for me. I stood up and tried to tap her shoulder, but my hand went right through her. I pulled back in astonishment and tried to speak to her.

"Sammi, it's me! It's (y/n)! I'm alright!"

She still couldn't hear me. Then I remembered. The curse. I was invisible. Like a ghost. I spent the first few days discovering what I could or could not do. Thankfully, the witch gave me plenty of loop holes. I couldn't touch anything living. But I could touch plants, that was nice. I could use my phone to text people.

I texted everything that happened to Sammi. She said she believed me (since she was there and all), but I needed to fake a disappearance. That way, nobody would think I'm insane. So I texted my family and told them I had changed my name, that I moved far away, and to not come looking for me. I cried for 2 days straight after that. I still cry about it sometimes, when I have a bad day. Let's face it, everyday is a bad day.

Then I moved in with Sammi. She moved to Ireland and said that I could stay with her since me being turned invisible was all her fault. I reassured her that it wasn't. The first few months were figuring out what I would do with myself. Everything I touched would turn invisible as long as I am touching it, which kept things pretty interesting. A few months of being invisible and I had almost lost my mind.

That's when I discovered Jacksepticeye. His videos would always lighten my mood and bring a smile to my face. Every time. I kept up with his channel and other social media, since I didn't really have anything else to do. Much to my disappointment, however, Sammi told me to get outside and walk around. Try to find my soul mate, whoever he is. So I guess that's what I have to do. Please hurry, soul mate. I want to be normal again.