Connecting with yourself

Beginne am Anfang

"Maybe your witch genes aren't so hidden after all." My mom's voice said softly beside me. I smiled at her.

"Nature just seems to calm me down."

"That's because everything about you screams nature Alex, you're a protector of the night and a carrier of light."

"What does that even mean mom?" I said smiling. I felt strangely at ease.

"A protector of the night is a werewolf and a carrier of light is a witch, you are natures special weapon. You have the strength of an army and the wisdom of the gods."

"When you say it like that it sounds extremely fancy, if people only knew." I said feeling a pang of sadness wash over me.

"That is only because you don't know the strength in you. The wonderful things your body and mind are capable of doing, especially when you combine them as one."

"Teach me how to gain such power then." My eyes were looking at her hopefully. I need this, if we want to win, I need to be at my best shape.

"You do not need to gain such power, it has always been inside of you my darling. What I can do is teach you how to channel it, if you don't know how to control it, it can take over your soul. Consuming all the good in you. I have seen so much good in you Alexandra, but I have also seen the darkness you possess." She have seen it, but I can feel it growing and it scares me. There's good in this world, but good can't exist without evil.

"Perhaps this new year will bring amazing things to you, we will work with your hidden talents, I'll make you a respectable witch just like you will be a respectable werewolf."

Talking about New Year, it's tonight. Christmas was very sad and nostalgic I think for everyone fighting to end this situation. I miss Cassidy so damn much, a day doesn't go by without me calling her parents making sure everything is fine. A piece of my heart shatters each time they say nothing has changed.

I am worried, for Cassidy and everyone in my loved ones list. Jamie is expecting, it's still hard to process, but I will almost have my first nephew or niece, which fills me with happiness. At least she decided to keep the baby. Craig took it amazingly. He loves her more than life itself and now that the love of his life is expecting his child, he is almost walking on air. Mark was surprisinly super happy about it, he has grown a lot as well. Trying to make it work with Raven is rather hard, I can see it in her eyes. She is starting to fall for Mariah, leaving Mark's feelings aside. Of course this was kind of his fault, but it still upsets me to see him this depressed over it. There is nothing I can do about it sadly.

"You have such beautiful feelings Alex." My mom's voice made my train of thoughts dissapear.

"Huh?" I said not understanding quite.

"I can read your thoughts at times." It took me by complete surprise. I mean I know werewolves could hear your thoughts if you didn't block them, but I was always blocking everyone out. So how did she hear them?

"How did you unlocked my thoughts?" I don't even know if that's a way to put it.

"I am a witch also baby girl, my power is stronger than any alpha or wolf out there, you must learn how to block your thoughts better, at least from witches."

"How is that possible?" Jules smiled, she stared at the trees in the far back corner. Motioning for me to follow her. Once we reached the destination. Her hand grabbed mine, placing it on the tree trunk.

"Can't you feel its energy?" I looked at her like she was insane. How am I supposed to feel that kind of energy?

"How are you suppose to feel it?"