25.You'll Be Coming Clean Tonight

Start from the beginning

"DANIEL!" Adelina continued. "Then she attacked me and afterwards she announced that she was going to marry Falentine. I just don't know how to explain any of this," Adelina blurted it all out before she could stop herself. Her family stood there with their mouths hanging open.

"I was worried about this," Beth finally spoke.

"Wait, what? Worried about what?" Adelina's voice was louder than she wanted.

"The last time we saw her, she was already showing signs of the change. I thought we could keep her pure and untouched."

"Wait, what the hell are you talking about?" An angry tone fell out of Adelina's mouth.

"How much have they told you about where you are from?"

"They say that I'm an angel, but surely they are crazy, right? Tessa supposedly is one too."

"It isn't just Tessa and you. Molly, Irene and Lydia are half angels as well. There were other half angels that resided in our village; we were supposed to protect you and all the others, something we seemed to have failed," Beth stuttered.

Adelina shifted her eyes to her three older sisters. They all had blank expressions on their face.

"Wait, you three knew? You knew?!" Adelina accused.

"Yes, they knew, and we were planning on telling you and your sister soon. It was our plan for your 18th birthday to come clean," Carlson interjected. "There are things you need to know. Important things that we should have told you. I'm not even sure I even have time to tell you all this, but I'll try. Adelina, you are a pure angel, one born of the light and are the purest of soul that exist. Tessa, who is your twin, is also a pure angel, but of a different kind. She is born of darkness. However, we were told that she could be nurtured and her dark side would hibernate deep inside of her. We were very careful with you girls, we had to be. You girls are very important to us. You girls are.."

"Presenting Falentine and his fiancee, Tessa!"" A loudspeaker boomed, interrupting Carlson.

All of them turned towards the door as they watched the two enter into the room,hand in hand. Tessa looked breathtakingly beautiful in a light blue dress that glittered and flowed when she moved. She smiled widely up at Falentine when he wrapped his arms around her small waist and pulled her into him. They kissed passionately as the crowd clapped and cheered.

Adelina looked around and noticed that a bunch of people had filtered in when she was talking to her parents. The crowd grew and grew and the room was filled to the brim.

"Welcome! And lovely to introduce you all to my beautiful, soon-to-be bride, Tessa," Falentine's voice echoed throughout the room. "Tonight is a very special night; a night of new beginnings, a night of revelations and a night of fun. For now, though, let us enjoy ourselves!"

The room roared with claps and cheers. Falentine raised his hand, gesturing towards the orchestra, and music started shortly after. Adelina shifted back to her family. Their eyes were locked on Tessa and Falentine. Adelina turned back to the crowd and began to look around at the mass of people in the room. She tried to figure out which ones were vampires and which were human, but it was impossible to tell the difference. She saw a few demons that were recognizable, but even they had more human features than the guards.

"Adelina," a voice sounded from the crowd.

"Daniel..." Adelina said breathlessly. A few seconds later, the crowd parted and there he stood.

His face was still painted with multiple bruises of various colors. He was dressed in a simple black suit, white shirt underneath and a bow tie around his neck. He took a few steps towards Adelina, closing the distance between them. Music began to play loudly and the crowd began to dance around them. The gaps filled in around them until there was no room to move. Adelina searched around her for her family, but it seemed they were swallowed in with the mass of people. Adelina turned her eyes back towards Daniel, taking in his presence.