HC 2/ Baking

Calypso hummed happily as she folded the chocolate into the mix.

"Leo." She said. "Hand me the measuring cup and the oil. We need a quarter cup of oil."

Leo looked up from the chocolate bar he had been eating. 

"Hmm?" 

Calypso rolled her eyes. "Nevermind. I'll get it."

"Hey Cal." Leo said. "I think you need more sugar. This chocolate is too bitter. I think you got extra dark by accident."

She rolled her eyes again. 

"No Leo." She replied. "It's baking chocolate. It's supposed to be bitter."

"Oh." Leo eyed the bar distastefully then tossed it over his shoulder. 

"Okay." Sighed calypso a few minutes later. "I'll add the chocolate chips now then we can put it in the oven. Leo, hand me the choco-"

She gawked as Leo poured the rest of the chocolate chips into his mouth. 

"What?" He said with his mouth full. 

"Leo!!" Calypso groaned and put her face in her hands. 

"Whatever." She said after a few seconds of silence. "They don't need chocolate chips. It's just that I really wanted them cause they make the brownies ten times better."

Leo hung his head. It sounded like she really wanted those chocolate chips. Then his face lit up. 

"I've got an idea!" He said. "I have a bag of MNMs!"

He pulled a ziplock bag full of brightly colored candies. 

"Perfect!" Calypso said. 

She swiftly opened the bag and dumped them in. Once they had all been poured out, she inspected them inside the bowl. 

"Wait a minute." She muttered. "These are Skittles!"

Leo groaned inwardly. 

"Now the brownies really are ruined!" She complained. 

"Oh come on Calypso." Leo said. "They can't be that bad."

She stuck a finger in and licked it off. Her reaction seemed surprised. 

"It's actually really good!" She said. "The Skittles really finish the dark chocolatey taste."

Leo gave a sigh of relief. 

"Well then." He said. "Since it was my idea to have Skittles, I should get a taste too."

He spooned out a large glob of batter and was about to shove the whole thing in his mouth until Calypso stopped him. 

"Now you stop right there, mister." She said, her voice threatening. "You almost ruined the whole thing."

"Come on." Leo whined as Calypso lunged for the spoon. "It ended up being the best mistake I ever made!"

Calypso grabbed the spoon and began to wrestle with him for it. A few drops of brownie mix splattered on the floor. Calypso pried the spoon from his fingers, and Leo twisted her closer so that he could grab into it again. 

He stopped when he looked down at her struggling, playful face, which was hardly and inch from his. She stopped struggling when she noticed he had stopped. 

"You know, you're the prettiest girl I've ever seen." Leo said softly, causing Calypso to blush. 

They leaned in until their lips met. The kiss was rough, but gentle at the same time. It was passionate. It was like kissing an angel. 

Calypso dropped the spoon, but she hardly noticed as she wrapped her arms around Leo's neck. 

They slowly pulled away and looked at each other. 

"What do I still get butterflies after you do that?" Calypso whispered. 

"I don't know." Leo replied softly. "But I get them too."

They're lips met once again.