Chapter Thirty Two: The Plum Thief

Sketch:

I was so bored but at least I was let outside for today although Erin had to keep me company. It was a warm day and the grass felt nice against my skin. No Orion was in sight but the guards were doubled and everywhere so I wasn't entirely free. He had a meeting or something, it was important, his words - not that I cared.

I stood up to gaze at the flowers, holding Mr. Bear tightly in my right arm playing with his plush fur. I skipped along the path before bending down to hide behind the tall plants that Erin wasn't even paying attention to. He was currently reading(too busy to babysit me) but would occasionally glance up at me. He was smiling too, which meant he was enjoying his book.

I know he was happy because it was something that didn't happened very often. I convinced Orion with my puppy dog eyes(which ended up in him giving in almost immediately. Not trying to brag but I had that vampire wrapped around my pinky finger.

Not only was it a beautiful day but the flowers couldn't be happier, booming with colors that couldn't look better. The sun was smiling too, so bright that I couldn't smile back at it for so long because my eyesight got all blotchy. I looked behind me to gaze at the many fruit trees that looked plumper than ever. Too bad I couldn't have any, they seemed right in season.

Gazing for a few more minutes my eyes came acrossA plump plum sitting so patiently in a reachable branch. The look of it made my stomach growl, I just wanted one.

I slowly crept along the fence, making sure no one noticed what I was doing. The guards weren't doing anything, just standing like statues that were frozen by medusa. I just wanted one and I would eat it quick too. No one would ever know.

I set Mr. Bear on the ground behind some bushes before examining the fence. It was high but I was a climber so it wouldn't be too big of an issue for me.

My mom used to buy plums all the time and as soon as she brought them him I'd devour at least four! You could say they're my favorite. Sam liked any type of fruit really but I liked plums the most. I reached up to pluck a big one, trying to balance myself so I didn't fall. The plum was close but I was short.

I grabbed it, barely, and plucked it from the tree, with as much effort as I could muster. I climbed down with the soft fruit in my hand, just staring at how good it looked. I grabbed Mr. Bear from the ground and held him under my arm. I rubbed the outside with my finger making sure there was no hole or dirt. Not finding any, I brought it up to my lips for a bite.

Before I could even put my lips on it, my wrist was grabbed and the fruit was taken from my hand so viciously I thought my wrist would snap. I looked up to see the thief, but met eyes with a not too happy Orion.

"I told you not to eat anything in this garden!" he shouted even though I was a few inches from him. I tried to pull back but he just griped harder onto my wrist.

"I just wanted one bite, you can have it after that! I haven't had them since my mom brought them from the market!" I shouted, reaching for the fruit that was in his hand. He glared, turning around and dragging me toward the castle. I even tried hitting him with Mr. Bear but sadly it didn't work.

I hated drinking blood, it was nasty and well gross! I wasn't a vampire! I just wanted something that I could eat, and remind me of my old home.

"You're not allowed to go in this garden again, do you hear me?"

"No! I just want one, let go!" I tried to hit him and kick him but he wasn't having any of that a pulled me over his shoulder in one swift movement.

The garden was getting farther away and the green grass was almost gone from my grasp completely. I kicked and hit, trying to jump out of his grip.

"Sketch, stop." he growled, making me pout. I didn't really care if I was on the verge of tears, he just told me I was never allowed back here, my safe haven...my garden. So that's what I did, I cried, begging him to let me go back outside.