He Stands Up

You were the quiet one in school. I mean, very talkative once people got to know you and you had a lot of friends, but you weren't exactly that social. 

There was always this one guy who would bully you no matter what situation you were in, except he did it when nobody was around. He was sneaky that way. 

Erin, was his name. You were sick and tired and you even told everyone you know, but they never caught him at the right times. 

That specific day, when everyone was away, he decided to take the verbal bullying into physical.

"Hey, Y/N," You heard Erin say. 

You sighed and prayed to God that he would just leave you alone. Little did you know, something better would happen instead. 

"Leave me alone, Erin," Your voice barely came out as a whisper. 

"Not today, Y/N, not today." He smirked and grabbed your arm, pushing you against the wall. 

You whimpered and screwed your eyes shut.

"Leave me alone!" You yelled and you were ready to feel the impact, but it never came. 

"She said, leave her alone, lad." A high voice came out. Too low to be a girls', though. 

"Who the fuck do you think you are? Her 'saviour'," Erin chocked out, clearly scared, and you opened your eyes to see why. 

Standing in front of Erin was one the of the most popular guys at school. You two had always been good friends in Elementary school, but separated in Middle and never dared to speak in High School. He had always been your crush since Middle and that feeling soon came back when you laid your eyes on Louis, cowering Erin. 

"Sure, call me that." He smirked. 

"Jesus Christ, I'll go! But you'll get it next time, Y/N." And with that, Erin left. 

Louis turned to you with a half smile. It was an hour after school, why would Louis have been there, anyway?

You looked down. "You didn't have to do that." You muttered. 

"Why not?" He shrugged. 

"Because why bother getting my hopes up?" You shrugged back and were about to walk away when Louis sighed. 

"Y/N, you don't understand how sorry I am. I was just scared! I couldn't handle the feelings then, and I still can't handle them now. But I came back, anyway." 

"What feelings?" You asked. 

"Remember the rumour about me being in love with you?" He said. 

You nodded. You remembered that rumour clearly. At the time, you had wished it was real. Stupid, come to think of it now.

"It was and is true. I thought you'd figure out, and I didn't want to ruin anything." Louis sighed. "But I ruined them even harder by just leaving." 

You both talked things through and soon enough, the two of you were hugging. It's true what they say, best friends will last forever. 

And who knows, you and Louis may end up as something? That's for you to decide ;) 

A/N: HOW WAS IT? VOTE AND COMMENT, YEAH? THANKS :D