"Can I still go as Cara?" I asked.

She smiled."Of course."

I guess this was Reid's doing, going overboard to make sure I was safe. He was such a great mate, and how did I repay him, by not giving him a chance to explain himself.

I thanked her and grabbed my schedule. One thing still irked me though. Carol, why the name Carol. Not saying Carol was a bad name but I didn't even look like a Cara let alone a Carol. Why couldn't he have called me Carolyn?

These thoughts continued to plague me as I climbed the two flights upstairs to get the my locker. As with downstairs I became mystified with the myriad of lockers that greeted me. I bumped into a few people as I kept my eyes focused on the sheet in front of me. I finally reached locker 379. "That was easy," I thought as I tried to open my locker. When it refused to budge I looked closely and realized it had a lock on it.

How do you work these damn things? I looked on my schedule and saw my combination: 02-06-14. I tried to turn it but it still did not budge. I groaned in fustration, my first day was turning out to be too much for me to handle alone. I tried to mentally cheer myself up, but when that failed I texted Ashley for the third time.

'Where are you?'

In seconds she replied. 'Eating breakfast in the cafe.'

I rolled my eyes.'Help me with my locker, I'm on the third floor.'

'Okay.'

I waited for her to come. I tried my locker again with no success.

"Need help?" The same guy I met this morning came sauntering over. His blue eyes still dancing with amusement.

"No it's okay," I said still slightly abashed from earlier. I turned the lock another time and prayed it would work.

"You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to turn it clockwise, counterclockwise and then back to clockwise. Or something like that. Here let me show you." He said as he unlocked my locker. I stared at him in amazement. I felt so happy that I actually gave him a hug.

He looked at me in astonishment. I released him turning red. "You really must be new, I'm Christian." He smiled.

I stared down at it before shaking it. "Homeschooled." I lied using the cover story Reid gave me."And I'm Carol, but call me Cara."

"That explains why you didn't know how to turn a lock." He said leaning on locker next to mine. I grabbed my books from my bag and stuffed them into my locker. He assisted me in doing so.The hall became more and more packed with people. "What class do you have next?" Christian asked still holding on to a textbook of mine.

"I-I don't know yet." I finished zipping up my bag and stared at my schedule. "I'm a junior so I have English Literature."

"What room, I can show you." He offered, his face breaking into a friendly smile. Our shoulders brushed each other as he bent to get a better look at my schedule.

I smiled at his politeness. "Thanks so much."

"I'll take it from here Christian." A slightly irritated voice said behind us. I turned quickly and my mouth dropped open.

"Reid." I whispered frozen in my spot. He took my bag in his hand but was staring daggers at Christian.

"Hey man, I was just showing her how to open her locker." Christian put his hands up  innocently. He still had a laughing smile on his which I knew would piss Reid off.

"Thanks so much again" I said as he walked away. I turned to Reid. "We need to talk." I said shakily.

"How do you know Christian?" He asked bluntly. By the look on his face, I could tell he didn't really like Christian that much.