"Where is Kabir?" Papa whispered once I and Aryan were next to him.

"He hasn't come yet." Aryan informed.
" I am doubtful he will." I murmured under my breath. I actually hope Kabir is not holding the morning fight yet.

The Mic was then passed on to Papa.

"Preet has always been a darling to me and there is nothing more beautiful than bringing a daughter to your place for lifetime and that's just what I am doing.
I am taking Preet with me as my daughter in Law. We proudly announce the beginning of a new journey of my beautiful daughter Preet and my useless son Kabir Malhotra." Papa announced and the crowd erupted in cheers.

"This guy is dead once I get a hold of him" Papa whispered in my ears and I let out a chuckle.
We were about to descend down when my dad gave me mic and went down with Papa since I stopped Aryan along with me.

"Hello people, every girl is her Daddy's princess but I was lucky enough to have two fathers, my dad and my elder brother." I said looking up to Aryan while he stood there completely shocked.

"Aryan has never let me cry, he always fought for my dreams. If I ever wanted something I just had to name it and Aryan would get that for me.I wasn't ever his little sister but his daughter majorly. He has attended all my functions, my graduation everything. Even when my parents were busy I knew I had Aryan and he has stood by me everytime, but just this once I want to give him something. I knew this could be done by my dad too but I wanted to do this. I wanted to present you Soon-to-be Mrs. Aryan Saxena." I said pointing out to the stairs through which Tara descended down along with my Mom. My dad took her hand once she was on the floor and bought her to the stage. Aryan gasped seeing this and I smirked.

My dad kissed Tara's forehead in a fatherly manner and welcomed her.
The cheers were deafening.

All of us got down the stage.
My brother still in shock.

"Aryan respond!" I said once we reached our parents and Tara, rest of the guests got busy again.

"How?" Aryan asked my parent's.

"Your Princess." My parents answered sincerely.
Aryan hugged me right at that moment. His response was similiar to Tara's. She reacted the same way when we broke the news to her in the afternoon when my parents went to her house to give her the ancestral jewellery as a token of a new beginning.

We were busy in our own family world when we heard noises.

As expected it was non other than Namitha Oberoi.

"God!" Aryan exclaimed.

"Where is Kabir? Only he can handle her." Tara asked.

"How dare you fix my son's wedding without my consent." She shouted on Meera maa.

"Excuse me I am sorry to interrupt but Kabir is Meera Maa's son." I interrupted.

"Kavya, take Meera maa inside." Abhi said coming next to me right that moment along with Aryan.

"You do not become a mother just by giving birth.".Abhi regarded her.

Yes Namitha Oberoi was Papa's ex wife and Kabir's biological mother.

(Namitha Oberoi; selfish, spoilt and a total bitch. Married Mr. Malhotra only for his money, gave birth to Kabir but was never his mother.)

"And you think she is a perfect mother?" She pointed out to Meera maa.

"She who doesn't even know where her own daughter is and you are talking about Kabir right? Where is he? I can't see him? Isn't he happy? Of course he isn't who would like to marry a bi**h like you who has been in London for 3 years alone. God alone knows what you have done there." She said but was answered by a tight slap by Papa.

"You dare not talk about my daughter from the dirty mouth of yours." He shouted.

I moved ahead and spoke again.

"Look who is talking about being a mother, do you even know what a Mother is? You want to be Kabir Malhotra's mother then where were you when he needed you the most, where were you when he was sick or when he was hurt. Let me tell you, you were busy with your high class social gatherings. And you have no audacity to talk about Meera maa like this when your own son does not regard you as a mother. He still needs Meera Maa, You know why because she has made him laugh, she has dried his tears. She has hugged him comfortably, she has seen him triumph, she has seen him fall, she gave him courage when he was low, made him realise his worth and sometimes driven him crazy but she is a promise that no matter what Kabir, Kavya or Kashish will always have a shoulder to cry on." I shouted on top of my voice.

Everything went silent at that moment.

"And about Kashish and Kabir then let me tell you all these years Kashish was with me in London studying."

"That is not possible." She challenged and then there was something in her eyes that didn't go unnoticed.

"And what about Kabir?" She asked diverting the subject.

"He had something important and not all of us think as small as you so we do understand he had some work." Aryan piped in.

"Now if you are done then I am warning you never ever try and get close to my family or else I will make your life hell." I challenged her.

"Are you waiting to be insulted any further?" Abhi asked.

She was about to walk out when I called her again.

"Namitha Auntie, now that you are here even when you weren't invited, let's spare you from further insult." I picked up a card and handed it over to her roughly.

"Here this is mine and Kabir's Roka and engagement invitation. You are most welcome if you wish to bless us but if you have further plans than I am sure we can arrange some female bouncers to throw you out." I said and left turning around.
I was hell irritated and was over this Diwali party.

Mine and Kabir's Roka and Engagement were fixed after three days after Diwali.

I decided to call it a night but before going up to my room I made sure I informed Aryan about it.

"Aryan, make sure Kabir is coming for the Engagement." I told him and left.

As soon as I reached my room I felt tears strolling down my cheeks. Yes I was hurt by her words because somewhere they were true, Kabir had missed a very important thing that was the beginning to our journey.