“Sal, I… I don’t know. My voice…”

“Is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever heard. Come on Ollie, you know we’ve been looking for a vocalist and a guitarist for the longest time.”

“But Sal…”

“Please, for me.”

                I used my most persuasive puppy look, I was actually that desperate. Ollie looked at me for a few seconds before looking away and finally nodding. I couldn’t help the fist pump when he finally accepted and I couldn’t help throwing myself in his arms either. Oliver looked surprised but caught me either way. I kissed him smack in the lips and hugged him tightly. I swore nothing could ruin my day but it turned out something did.

“Disgusting,” I heard a familiar voice sneer.

                Oliver let me go and I turned to see Brent and his friends standing there, and I rolled my eyes. This asshole never learned.

“Fuck off,” I heard another familiar raspy and sexy-as-fuck voice.

                I turned to look at Ollie with wide eyes. He talked. Brent looked surprised too and Ollie took that chance to pull me towards school. He brushed right past Brent as if nothing and I swear I could feel myself liking Ollie just a little more. I closed my eyes and sighed happily. Ollie wasn’t Brent, he wasn’t going to give me up.

                Ollie kept our fingers intertwined as we finished our walk to school and through the halls. I have to tell you that the first day was an interesting experience. This being the small square minded town it was I had been expecting to get glares and frowns from everyone. What I hadn’t been expecting though were stares. People just seemed mind boggled at the fact that there were two guys together in our small-ass school and still were staring at us, which made me kind of nervous. I never liked attention after all.

                He walked me to the classroom and for once the teacher was there on time, or we were late, I wasn’t sure, but either way, the teacher saw us, hand in hand, as Ollie left me by the door of the classroom. We had actually managed to avoid teachers all this time, but I guessed our lucky strike ended this Tuesday. He stared for a few seconds but then it turned into a frown. Ollie leaned in to kiss my cheek, like always and waved me goodbye as he left to go to his classroom. The class started and I could feel the weight of the stares on the back of my neck. It had been, what, little more than three weeks? And I hadn’t gotten used to people staring at me yet.