Chapter 43

I sit in the Red Fountain courtyard next to Evan.

"I missed you." I smile and hold both of his hands in my own.

"I missed you too." He tells me, also smiling. "So you're ditching earth school?"

"I am. And you're spending another summer vacation in your dorm?" I sigh.

"Why do you think earth schools go on for longer that Magic Dimension schools?" He asks, trying to change the subject.

"I don't know why you insist on staying here." I sigh again, crossing my arms. "You could always stay at my palace, or your palace."

"We've already talked about this Rose. I don't want your parents to think that I am dating you only for a place to stay and my family doesn't want me there." He groans and I huff.

"Fine. Speaking of my parents, you are meeting them soon." I smile and he groans.

"What if they don't like me?" He asks and I chuckle.

"They will love you." I smile and rest my head on his shoulder.

I close my eyes, relaxing.

"You jerk!"

All of a sudden Evan's body moves backward and my eyes fly open. They immediately dart to him and I cast a spell on the ground below him, softening his fall off of the bench. I turn around to spell anyone who hurt him but I see no one.

Then I hear Evan groaning and someone approaching him from behind me. I stand from the bench  and turn around to see Scott punch Evan in the face.

"Stop!" I shout and attempt to approach but decide against it because fists are flying everywhere. I hold my hand out and both of them freeze in their positions. "I am going to let you both out of the spell, and when I do I want you to back away from each other, got it?"

I wave my hand and they do as I told them. Evan stands in front of me protectively.

"What the heck Scott?!" I shout at him as I pull Evan to the bench so I can heal his nose.

"Is it broken?" Evan asks, holding his twisted nose.

"Yup. Move your hand." I tell him and he does.

I hold my hands in front of his face and hear a snapping and a groan of pain. When I move my hands I see that his nose is correctly positioned once again.

"You okay?" I ask and take his face into my hands.

"Yeah, thanks." He nods and turns back to Scott. "Why the heck did you do that?"

Scott only scoffed and turned to me. "Are you serious? This loser is who you chose over me?"

"Hey!" I shout and approach him, pushing his chest back. "I hurt you and I am sorry, but that does not give you the right to go around punching my boyfriend!"

He glared at me deeply and I groaned before sitting down next to Evan and placing my hands on his face again.

"How's the nose?" I ask him, gently.