Chapter 10

I woke up to a world of wonder. Alfea was most beautiful in the early mornings so I took advantage of the quiet, beautiful time and got out of bed. I put on a sweater and jeans before leaving the dorm room. My locket pressed against my neck and stayed in place as I walked. I decided to go into the forest today so I walked from the gates of Alfea with my hands in my pockets as I approached the woods. My feet padded against the ground while I walked deeper and deeper into the forest. I stopped at a small pond. The water was crystal clear and when the reflection of the sun shone upon it, it glistened beautifully in the sunlight. I sighed and sat on the grass beside the pond. During my time there I thought of and contemplated many things. I wondered when I would get my powers and what they would be but most of all I bought about my mother's letter to me. She said so many things in that letter that were impossible for me to find out on earth but now that u am here in the Magic Dimension at Alfea School for Fairies I have the chance to find my parents. Like my mom said in her letter: I will know after the discovery, the urge, and the finding.

All I have to do now is find out what that means. And with the resources that I now have it will be easy. My mother's name was Lilly. That's what I know. My father's name was Matthew. So I have to find birth records. My grandmother says that I was born in this world so there must be some record of where I was born. Then I can find out what planets have gone extinct in the past 16 years, it can't be many. I stood up. I guess my journey begins now.

...

I sat in the Alfea library at the book search.

"Extinct planets," I said outloud and multiple books flew straight at me. I decided that I should be more specific. "Recent extinct magical planets."

Almost all of the books flew back onto their shelves and I was left with four books on the table in front of me. Each book represented a different planet and was titled with the name of its planet. The four titles were: Domino, Bonvo, Linfea, and Obsidian.

I took a pen from my purse and wrote each name down before stacking each book on top of another and going to check them out of the library. The librarian, Miss K, looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Do you have a project on extinct planets?" She asked me.

"No," I told her. "I'm just curios."

"Be careful with curiosity," she told me as she stamped the books and hands them back to me. "It killed the cat."

That expression got to me. On earth it wouldn't because people there say it all the time, but here in the Magic Dimension, it is rare to come across an earth reference and this one struck me. It struck fear into me.