Chapter 32

"Is everyone ready?" I ask as we board the boys' hovercraft.

"Yeah."

"Totally."

"Whenever you are."

"Okay then." I let out a deep breath. "Let's do this."

Alex, Andromeda's brother sits at the controls and starts the engines.

I sit down and close my eyes as I feel the aircraft ascending into the air.

"Don't tell me you are afraid of flying." Evan smirks.

"Shut up. It's a normal fear to have." I frown.

"Not for someone with wings." He chuckles. "If we do crash you can just jump out and fly."

"I know-"

"Then why are you afraid?" He asks.

"Because you can't." I open my eyes an look at him. "If we crashed I would be able to jump out and fly. But, if I couldn't get to you in time..."

I shake my head and look at my feet. Evan is silent for a moment until he grasps my hands tightly in his own.

"Look at me." He says and I look up to see him smiling down at me. "I'm not going anywhere. Even if we did crash, I wouldn't.....look, just trust me. We won't crash."

"Okay." I sigh. "Go talk to your friends."

"I don't have friends." He chuckles.

"Why do all the guys at Red Fountain not like you?" I ask him.

"Beats me." He shrugs.

"Well, they're missing out. I mean your everything anyone could want in a friend or boyfriend." I smile at him. "You're kind, handsome, sweet-"

"Don't forget handsome." He jokes.

"And handsome." I nod.

"And charming."

"Okay I think that's enough." I laugh. "And don't you have your dorm mates?"

"I guess," he shrugs. "But I kinda feel like they have to be friends with me."

"I'm sure that isn't true." I frown. "You just have to open up more to people. Anyway, you will always have me."

He grins and turns to me. "I love you."

"I know." I grin. "Now go talk to the guys."

Evan stands and walks over to his roommates. I sigh once he walks away.

"What's wrong?" Andromeda asks and sits next to me.

"I don't know." I sigh. "I just have this feeling that everything is about to fall apart."

"I feel like that too sometimes." She says. "I worry over it and that makes it worse. Just ignore it. We are almost at Linfea, we are going to get to the palace and look for any clues your parents may have left."

"Guys, we're here!" Alex yells from the front of the ship.

Everyone stands and walks toward the front. I hold my breath, trying to mentally prepare myself for the wasting land that is my home-planet. All of a sudden the ship is engulfed in wind and fog and when it clears I gasp.

Ice.

The entire planet is ice and snow.

"Oh no..."

"I didn't even realize..."

"Rose..."

"Is she okay?"