Chapter 24

QUICK AUTHOR'S NOTE!!!

PLEASE SEND IN SUBMISSIONS FOR MY COMPETITION! YOU ALL CAN PARTICIPATE AND WIN A PRIZE! LOOK AT MY BOOK. TITLED:

ONE OF YOU: FAN COMPETITION

Evan's POV

"Evan?" Someone asks and I groan.

I open my eyes to find Rose hovering over me.

"What time is it?" I ask her and she laughs.

"Oh good, you don't have brain damage." She giggles.

Her laugh is so cute.

Wait what? Did I just think that?

Do I have brain damage?

"What happened?" I ask, looking around. I'm sat against a wall in the museum.

"I though that the Trix were here and that they hurt you so I transformed. Then you scared me and I blasted you into a wall." She bites her lip and I smile.

"Well, at least you didn't kill me." I chuckle.

I stand up but then I begin to feel a lot of pain.

"Woah there!" Rose exclaims and grabs my arm. "You haven't been healed yet."

"And who's gonna heal me here?" I ask her and she grins.

"No." I say and look down at the cuts and bruises all over me. "You are a first year fire fairy, you don't have any healing powers yet."

"Come on!" She begs. "I've been practicing! Last week Professor Regan let me fix a girl's broken nose!"

"Fine, I'll let you heal my cuts and bruises but I'm going to a hospital for my head injury." I give in and she cheers before taking my hands in her own. She then hovers her other hand over my wound and I flinch, ready for the pain to start, but it never comes. When I open my eyes everything is healed but my head.

"Wow." I say and look at Rose. She smiles. She is so beautiful. "Wow."

"That was so cool!" She squeals. "To be honest, I thought I would make it worse."

"Okay." I say and stand up.

My head still hurts but I can take it. Rose takes my arm and I look at her.

"Just in case you fall." She says. "Like I said, you could have brain damage.

I think I might.

I smile and allow her to help me down the stairs. We leave the museum and step outside. To state that it is snowing is an understatement. It is blizzarding.
Is that even a word? Whatever.

"What do we do now?" I sigh. "There won't be any busses back to Alfea or Red Fountain."

Rose looks around and her eyes widen when she sees what is across the street.
I look to see that the portal station is across the street.

Where is this girl taking me?

•••

Rose's POV

"I can't believe you brought me to Earth." Evan says as we sit on the bus. "Won't I be intruding on your family time?"

"Not at all," I insist. "You can stay with us until break is over. No one should be alone during the holidays."

He smiles but then shakes his head. I shrug it off and stand up as the bus comes to a stop. I hold out my hand for Evan and he takes it. I help him off the bus and we walk down two doors before coming to my house.