Chapter 14.

Harry Potter-

I felt dread as I walked into the Ministry Hag's classroom. I probably wouldn't have liked her anyway, but considering she voted against me at the Hearing, I knew there was no way she'd ever call herself a Potterhead. (Isn't blowing up walls fun?)

"You're late," She said in a sickly sweet voice. "Sit down." The only available seat was next to Voldemort's Grandson. Just because I wasn't going to scorn him for his Grandfather's evil doesn't mean I actually had to like him. I wasn't going to be mean, sure, but I didn't have to be nice. Besides, Ron, Hermione, and I still needed to get back at him from this morning at breakfast. And the food was blue! Is that even edible?

I sat down silently. He nodded at me, then at the Professor, and rolled his eyes. 

After introducing herself, she went on about Ministry approved magic and how we won't use our wands.  After that, she said;

"Magic, more specifically, Defensive Magic, should only be used to ward away the most dangerous threats." I excepted her to say something about Voldemort, but she didn't. After the Hearing, I don't know how that came as a surprise, but it did. "Half Breeds are the most dangerous, real threat you can face."

I was a little afraid when I saw Percy growl a little. "Excuse me, but what exactly-"

"What my cousin means to say, is what does a 'half-breed' entail?" Thalia asked a little more politely, but still with an edge to it.

Umbridge gave a fake cough and smiled sweetly.

"A half breed," she spat, "is any creature that combines two things that shouldn't be mixed.  Centaurs.  Giant-Human offspring.  It's not natural."  I felt myself get angry at her words.  Hagrid was my friend, and she was openly insulting him.

"But half the people in this room are half-breeds." Percy said, looking angry.  His right eye twitched, hands were clenched, and knuckled were white.

"Half bloods are not the same thing as half breeds, Mr. Jackson, and you will raise your hand if you wish to speak."

"I'm a half breed," Percy insisted.  "I'm half awesome, half oblivious!" I almost snorted, but managed to hold it in. Other people weren't so lucky, and their laughs earned them a killer glare.

"Yeah, well I am half badass and half electrifying." Thalia smirked, standing up.  "Half breed, and proud!"

"I don't know these people." Nico said.  "Backing away slowly..."

"Quiet!" Umbridge shrieked.  "That is enough out of you, and all three of you just earned yourself a week of detention."  She looked smug, and I expect Percy and his cousins to back down, but Percy smirked.

"You think detention can phase us?  I've personally blown up several muggle schools without magic.  I've shot a Revolutionary War Cannon at my school bus and put a hole through it.  I've dropped my class into a shark pool.  Accidentally, of course.  And I've even blown up a gym while playing with Joe Bob.  Trust me, it'll take a lot more than detention to break me."

I admit.  I had a new found respect for the guy.

"Detention?" Thalia grinned, and I swear, her eyes seemed to spark, literally spark with excitement.  "I wonder all of the ways we can mess that up.  Sounds fun."

"Okay, fine!" Nico yelled, exasperated.  "I do know them!  Happy?  Gods."

"Silence!" Umbridge yelled.  "Sit down, now!"

"That sounds like a good idea," Percy smirked.  "Not the 'sit down' bit.  But silence sounds good."  He flashed out his wand and muttered, "Silencio!" firmly.