Chapter 11.

Percy Jackson-

"So where do you think the fruit painting is?" I asked Nico.

We were trying to get to the Kitchens to request blue food.  Almost nothing was as important.

"Dunno.  I guess I'll just summon Nick again, you know how he is...so eager to please, so terribly afraid of my father and I...you know how it goes..."

"Yeah.  Only sea creatures like me and respect me...ghosts are just scared of you."

Nico shrugged.  "Well, I am the Ghost King.  And did a pretty dramatic showing of it, too.  Minos and the Labyrinth. Gods of Olympus, I was so moody back then."

"You still are," I laughed. "So you mean back then by the first time Annabeth kissed me and I blew up a volcano?"

"And showed up at your own shroud burning.  I heard some expressions...mainly Annabeth's were priceless."  Nico snickered.

I frowned and flicked him on the head.

"Ow!"

"Shush, I hear someone coming."

I put a hand on his shoulder, and we melted into the walls.

"Pickety, pockery, pokery, Peevesy—"

"Hey," I said, breaking away from Nico, and stepping into the corridor.

"You called for Peevesy?" The ghost said with an evil smirk.

He gave me a crazy look, and started to unscrew a chandler, probably expecting me to scold him or get a teacher.

"Nice work, Mr. Peeves, but I think it unscrews the other way."

He narrowed his eyes at me, and I smirked.

"Here is the deal, my name is Percy Jackson."  His eyes widened.  Nico came out of the shadows, and Peeves bowed to him, to us.  "And I...am having a prank war with Harry Potter, Ronald Weasley, and Hermione Granger."

Peeves smirked.

"We'd like your assistance from time to time...and the way to the kitchens.  We are going to ask for the elves to turn the food blue, and enchant it, so it can't be turned to its original color by and magic means."

Nick grinned, and Peeves gave us a thumbs up.

After he told us the way to the kitchens, I tickled a piece of wall fruit.  I guess that was better than saying hi to a poodle.

"Hello," I said, finding myself faced with lots of beady eyed little elf things—which I thought a little weird. "I have a food request. Can it be blue?"

After going over all the pros of serving blue food, which I guess could be considered a prank, but I won't count it because I really love blue food, we, that is Nico and I, made our way back to the Common Room.

As we made our way back to the Common Room—why exactly is it called that?  It's pretty common since there are four of them, but seriously—I had an amazing flash of inspiration, followed by a wave of drowsiness.

"Death Breath," I yawned. "Want to borrow the Stolls' precious bag of pranks?"

"Uh...well, I sort of can't go back to Camp at this moment."

"Why not?" I asked incredulously.

"I sort of took the liberty to, you know...paint Piper's cabin orange, and put a few spiders under Annabeth's bed..."

I laughed.  "Wow.  You are dead."  Then I froze.  "So you have all of Piper's siblings and Annabeth after you?"

"Actually all of both cabins."  Nico said with a shrug.