Chapter 7.

Percy Jackson-

Gabe...he was everywhere. The only demon I have never been able up escape. Even though he could never touch me, he could never hurt me again—not only because he was Medusa-fied, but because I was too strong now. I could defend myself. But my mind kept going back to a place when I couldn't...

A nightmare from which I can never wake up.  An aching scar that will never go away.  Burdens I will forever have to hold.  Memories sapping my life from me...

But what doesn't kill you...

Turns into raw power. 

I feel it burning through my veins, and I have idea what to do with it.  I don't think the gods know either—they've never felt a power like this.

I'm keeping it bottled to the memories—keeping it stuck in my past.  But sometimes, it floods out, and I can't control it, but I stop it from getting out.  But it leave...damage.  It's hard to explain.  Sometimes I think of it like a prison.  A prison break.  And once it is broken, there is always that weakness there.

And that's what happened.  The power got away from me.  But I stopped it in time.  If I didn't, Thalia, Nico, Ginny—they'd all be dead.

I felt myself screaming as the pressure built up inside of me. Then, I opened I eyes. I saw Thalia first, and I could tell she was worried by what she saw.

I blinked. "Sup."

"Sup? Sup! What the hell just happened, Barnacle Head?!" Thalia had a tear running down her cheek, and my stomach clenched. I hated seeing my friends and family hurt or in pain, and Thalia was in both categories—she was one if my very best friends and she was my family.

"I'm fine," I waved off her concerns. It was of no consequence at the moment. I wasn't fine—I'd never be fine. But I didn't need to tell her that. Besides, the pain was gone. So I was only slightly lying.

"Fine?" Ginny asked incredulously.

"Fine," I grinned cheekily, and jumped up.  I pushed everything to the back of me mind—my defense.  I never thought about if I kept it suppressed.  And I wasn't going to let this—whatever it was—rule me.  The past, my messed up, twisted past—it could haunt me all it desired.  I wouldn't crack.  I may not have the Curse of Achilles anymore, but that didn't matter.  Nothing mattered.  I had put it behind me, and despite what happened—the pain, the anguish, the power...I could control that.

Thalia and Nico made a move to most likely help me if I fell, or something.  But I didn't.  I winked at them, grinning.

"I'm all good, Zombie Dude.  I'm absolutely fine, Pinecone Face."  They glared at me because of the nicknames, and in response, I gave them a thumbs up.  To prove my point, I did a back flip, and did a super man pose, wiggling my eyebrows for emphasis.

Their visible tension lessened at my little display.  For which I couldn't have been more grateful.  I hated upsetting those two.  They were the closest family I had—excluding my mom and Paul. 

Of course, I am absolutely in love with Annabeth, and I love Leo, Piper, Jason, Hazel, and Frank.  But Nico, Thalia and I have grown extremely close, especially lately.  And we just have a really, really close bond.  I don't want to upset them.  I don't want them to be sad.  Definitely not because of me.

"What the bloody hell was that about?" Harry demanded.

I winked at him, snapped by fingers, and said; "What are you talking about?"

"...I...I don't know..." Harry said.  Good thing the nosey roomies had probably left the room some time earlier.  Hate to bend the Mist over everyone.  It gets annoying.

"Nice," Thalia smirked.

"What did you do?" Ginny asked, obviously amused, watching Harry trip as he left the room, muttering incoherent words.

"Mist trick," I grinned.  "Good, huh?"

"Hades, yeah.  That is brilliant."

"Why thank you, ma'am." I said, bending low in a mock bow.

Then a thought struck me.

"Holy...holy...holy Stygian!" I shouted, practically jumping out of my socks.

"What?" Nico asked, surprised.

"I...I didn't tell Annabeth how long I'd be gone.  Styx, that girl is going to murder me."

"I'll watch," Thalia said helpfully. 

I have her a pointed look.  "Death Breath, mind shadow traveling over to Camp Half Blood and letting her know that I love her, and I'll be back by Christmas?"

Grumbling something about China, Nico complied.

"Now, I will most likely have to face the wrath of an angry daughter of Athena.  Any help?"

"This'll be hilarious," Ginny chuckled, while Thalia let out an evil cackle.

That's right.

She didn't laugh.

She cackled.

I—the badass savior of Olympus with a dark Nico persona—was now officially scared.

Gods, help me.

Which would actually be nice, since I have pretty much saved them a bunch of times...but, you know.  That's besides the point.