Chapter 6.

Harry Potter-

Whatever I expected, I hadn't expected my next encounter with Voldemort's grandson to be when he was carried in, unconscious.

"Help! We need help over here!" The Nico boy yelled.

"What's wrong?" Molly asked.

"He—he just—collapsed." Nico said aghast. "I don't know what's wrong with—"

"Everyone back away!" Thalia shouted, and Molly, Ron, Hermione, and I stepped back in surprise.

"Nico, set him down on the couch." Once he was laying on the couch, Thalia had a worried expression. She looked in deep concentration.  Suddenly she looked like she'd been hit between the eyes.

"Nico, we need to take off his shirt."

At once Nico's expression changed. It was indescribable. "But he said—Thalia, we can't betray his trust like that."

"He is the best at hiding his pain so he doesn't have to share that burden. You know what he is like! Never taking his shirt off—he won't even take it off to go swimming! He told us that whatever happens, we couldn't take his shirt off for whatever reason—we thought it was a weird request at the time, but how it makes sense.  He never makes that weird of a request.  You don't think there is a reason for that?" She looked beside herself. Why was this jerk so important to her? To anyone?

"I...well..."

"Nico, just this once we don't listen to his orders. We'd follow him to the end of the world, and he knows that! But we can't obey him this time."

That was when we heard it. We all whipped towards him as Percy let out the biggest scream of pain, of horror, of despair that I'd ever heard.

It rattled my brain. I hated him, but even so I wouldn't bare to hear that horrible sound.

Thalia had a tear running down her cheek. Nico looked like he'd been struck by lightning, rushed over to Percy, and they pretty much ripped his shirt off.

Their gasps of horror took me by complete surprise. Ginny came beside them. "What's–oh...oh my...holy...oh gods, Percy...who would...?" And she started to cry, putting her hands over her mouth.

Whatever it was, it couldn't be that horrible, could it?

So, I went closer. And when I saw it...him...well, it was the most horrible thing I've ever witnessed. Even worse than Cedric being killed.

Thalia. Just Thalia-

His chest—his torso, it was layered with millions of huge, deep scars. It looked like his body had been chopped into a million pieces. I could stand a lot of things. I've learned to live with loss, and with pain. But this...this was different. They were all the kind of scars that was the souvenir of a near death injury. The pain he must feel every waking second from this...Percy.

And that wasn't the worst bit.

The worst bit was the huge gash, the worst scar, right over his heart. It run from his right shoulder to his opposite thigh. It was deepest over his heart. And it was currently gushing blood, sucking the life from him.

I couldn't describe the horror, the terror, the pain I felt from seeing my cousin go through this.

Whoever—whatever had done this...I'd make then pay. Dearly.

Nobody hurts my family—and yes, that family consists of the Hunters and Lady Artemis, along with Annabeth, Jason, Nico, and Percy.

Percy.

Third Person-

It's because of him that she was even here at all.  If it wasn't here, she would still be a tree.  If it weren't for him, she, and the world would be gone.  He was one of the very few people who knew her somewhat irrational fear if heights.  Just as she had understood his somewhat irrational fear of drowning.  They were cousins.  They were family.  He was like her older brother—even if she is technically older—but if she went into that, she'd have to go into Nico's real age—and she really didn't want to do that, because then she couldn't use some if her names on him, and not fighting with and insulting Nico or Percy on a daily basis was not an option for her.

"Who did this to you, Kelp Head?" She whispered. "Who could do this? Whatever monster did this, I'll cut their heart out," she promised, another tear staining her cheek as she tried to stop the bleeding.

It was really bad. But then all of a sudden it stopped. The bleeding stopped, out of no where. And that's when Percy screamed. It was the worst scream that any if them had ever heard, but if was nothing compared to the next moment when his sea green eyes stared at them, pain, terror, and a bit of something else...

They were looking into the tortured eyes of someone who they thought they knew, but was already broken.

I promise it won't be this short or this depressing next chapter. Until then...