Chapter 9.

Nico di Angelo-

"No way," I said.  "No way in the Underworld!  Nope.  Nada.  Never."

"Please?" Thalia gave me a puppy eyes look.  Thankfully, I was immune. If I wasn't...I'd be the target practice for the Hunters on a daily basis. And yes, Thalia has indeed asked me before.

"No!" I said. "There is no way! Not on my father's grave!"

Thalia's face had a quizzical expression plastered on it. "But you father is Immortal and The Lord of Dead People! That is like cheating, or something! Percy!"

"Mmmmm...cookies...Annabeth...food..." Percy mumbled in his sleep before turning over. Thankfully, the Kelp Brained Idiot didn't snore.

Thalia and I looked at each other, mutual understanding passed between us. Thalia opened the window, and I carried Percy to it. Ginny was visiting her boyfriend, Mike Corn Somebody, so I kind of felt sorry she was missing out on this.

Then, Thalia controlled the air, and lifted him to the top of the train. Then I shadow traveled up, stumbled, and when I steadied myself I summoned chains made of Stygian Iron, and made sure he couldn't get up. Then I shadow traveled back, and Thalia and I exchanged smirks, as she called upon lightning, and struck Percy.

Nothing happened! That's not fair!

Well, the train sort of shuddered, and the lights flickered, but no scream from the Kelp One.

"Styx," Thalia cursed. "Nothing."

"But at least you got your target practice in. It was a direct hit."

"But there was no scream," Thalia puffed, and blew the hair out of her eyes. "It's no where near as satisfying to hit a person, and not even get a scream out of the deal."

"Well, I helped you, which means you can't use me as target practice. Ha!"

"Di Immortals," Thalia spat. "Just great."

"What's great?" Ginny asked.

"I can't blast Nico with lightning," Thalia pouted like it was the saddest thing she's ever heard.

"Shame," Ginny chuckled while I crossed my arms and cursed silently.

"Indeed," Thalia said solemnly. Then, before I could blink, Thalia shoved, her fingers crackling, and I jumped and shuddered.

"Hey!" I yelped. "That isn't fair!"

"Loophole," Thalia smirked. "I didn't blast you with lightning, although it would be highly entertaining, so I just shocked you."

"You will regret that," I growled.

Before I could do anything to Thalia—gods of Olympus, she'd face the wrath of the Ghost King, now that would be entertaining—Ginny asked; "Where is Percy?"

Wordlessly, Thalia and I pointed to the top of the train, causing Ginny to gap at us.

"You—he—"

Before I could shadow travel up and get him, he gracefully landed through the window, glaring at Thalia.

He didn't look like he was struck by lightning. The only sign of damage being his charred shirt.

"That wasn't nice, Gracie, now was it?" Percy growled.

Before he could say anything else, Ginny grinned. "We're here!"

Oh, yeah. Wizards and pigs. What fun.

Note my sarcasm.

Time skip—Let's fast toward to the Sorting, now shall we—
*****

Percy Jackson-

"Di Angelo, Nico," The stern looking woman—whose expression sort of reminded me of Athena—called, looking slightly baffled, and even more so when Nico sat down on the stool.

Nico seemed to be arguing with the hat. "No, not that," he muttered. When his eyes clenched in pain, I realized what was happening. Nico's memories. Tartarus.

Before I could do anything, Thalia grabbed my arm. Her eyes were glassy, and she looked like I felt—guilty. Even though we didn't always act like it, the three of us really did love each other. We hated seeing each other in pain, and even though Thalia and Nico sometimes fought like Zeus and Hades, they really love each other. Only as cousins, of course. But it was more like sibling love—the kind of love I felt for them, and them me.

Finally, Nico started shaking uncontrollably, and he screamed. "Enough!"

Thankfully, the room didn't get darker, but the air got a little colder. Only a little, so only Thalia and I noticed. But Nico hung his head, and his teeth chattered.

"Gryffindor!" The hat yelled in relief—and sympathy.

Nico gulped, shot a dark look at us, and joined Ginny, who put an arm around him. I saw Harry and Ron glare at Nico, and I felt myself slowly growing angrier.

After a few more names, Thalia was called. Her shorting was quick. As soon as the Sorting Hat was on her head, it screamed out something about a Griffin and a door, and Thalia joined Nico.

Finally, it was my turn.

"Jackson, Perseus."

My eyes narrowed, my jaw set I walked out into the opening. I heard a lot of sighs and swoons, and I sat on the stool. I turned and gave DumblyBumbly a subtle wink and smirk, and turned to face the sea of robed figures as the hat was placed on my head.

Holy Merlin. If I had known who you were, I wouldn't have gotten on your head. But rules are rules, Son of Poseidon.

Then? Then my head snapped back, and I started shaking. My breathing was hitched.

One by one, all the death's of friends, every gruesome attack from Gabe, every loss, every challenge I've ever faced. Then came Tartarus. Being afraid of my own power, facing the Curses, seeing the face of Tartarus.

I roared in pain and anguish, panting.

"No! No! No!"

The last word I spoke was so awful, I almost flinched. It was so powerful, so commanding, so full of pain.

I saw Gabe in front of me. A knife in one hand, a beer in the other. I saw me as a little kid–helpless as the bastard attacked me.

I flinched, shuddered, rolled my head, and turned to face the sea of wizards, not shocked that they were all silent.

When everyone else was sorted, there was at least a scattering of applause. With me...nothing.

I was aware my eyes were glowing. It happened when my pain, anger, frustration, and saddened got away from me.

I was also aware of a tear trailing down my face. I was also aware of the faint yelp of; "Gryffindor."

"What? No applause?" I asked the crowd. My face a mask—a poker face. When, still, not one person said anything, or stopped their staring, I added, "Staring is rude," and sat next to Nico, Thalia, and Ginny. I ignored their looks if concern, and wiped Gabe from my mind. The power was building up again.

If I couldn't keep my past under control, this would be a very, very short year.

There will be plenty of—well, not depressing stuff, so fear not, fellow Wattpadians.

If you like this story, please vote and comment.  Tell me what you like, what you don't.  Keep the comments coming please. 

Hurrah!  They are at Hogwarts.  The non-official war between the Golden Trio and the Little Big Three hasn't started yet, so that'll be good, hopefully.  Wizards shouldn't mess with demigods, that's for sure...

I normally don't take very long to update, so I'll try to get Chapter 10 up soon.   Thanks for reading.

-A Book Worm