Chapter Fifty Four

Start from the beginning

They stop talking when their food arrives, Liam thanking the waitress before she walks away. "Okay enough about Sadie" Louis says suddenly, and Liam arches an eyebrow at him, "what are you thinking for a honeymoon Payne? I need details" he asks. Liam chuckles, shaking his head as he takes a bite out of his burger, head spinning a little at the abrupt conversation change. "I honestly don't know Lou, I was hoping you could help me actually" Liam says once he's swallowed, Louis just arches an eyebrow at him and gestures for him to continue, "where has Zayn always wanted to go, somewhere he's never been but always dreamed about?" Liam asks. He's been thinking about the honeymoon since he first bought the ring and although Paris and Disneyland were fun, he wants to take Zayn somewhere special, somewhere he's always wanted to go, and enlisting Zayn's best friend to tell him where that is, can give Liam the element of surprise. Louis appears to be deep in thought as he chews on his burger, "I'm impressed Payne" he murmurs once he swallows and Liam smirks at him, his relationship with Louis is strange, they get along, and enjoy each others company, but they do like to annoy one another. Louis takes a sips of his drink before setting it down and focusing his gaze on Liam, "I know he's always talked about going to Barcelona, since we were young. He originally planned to take a trip there after he graduated, but then Arabella came along and I think he's pretty much given up on that" Louis says slowly. "Spain" Liam murmurs and Louis nods, "yeah Spain" he answers and Liam grins, "thanks Louis that's a big help" he crows. Louis just waves him away, but Liam is more grateful than he can express because he plans to give Zayn the trip of his dreams.

"So Liam?" Louis asks, as Liam is paying for both of their lunches, Liam arches an eyebrow at him but doesn't say anything, "what is it you do all day?" Louis asks. Liam chuckles, "you mean besides running a multi-million dollar company?" he teases and Louis grins, "yeah besides that" he answers, waving his hand dismissively. "Is this your way of asking to come see my office?" Liam teases, elbowing Louis gently, "I never said that, but if you're offering" Louis trails off, and Liam laughs, "come on, get in the car" he chuckles, Louis grinning and running around to the passenger side. Once they're driving, Liam glances over to Louis, "so how are things with you and Harry?" he asks, watching as Louis just lights up, "really good, he's busy with school and work, but I'm busy with school and rehearsals, so it works out. But he really is the best thing in my life" he answers, and Liam grins. "When are you gonna pop the question?" Liam asks, laughing as Louis splutters, "not for a while, our relationship isn't like you and Zayn's, we do things a lot slower" he answers finally, Liam nods "I get that" he murmurs, turning his attention back to the road as he makes his way back towards his office.

Once they arrive Liam parks in his spot next to Niall's, chuckling a little at the gasp that Louis lets out, "Bella told me it was huge, but she thinks everything is big, so I wasn't expecting this" he murmurs. Liam lets out a laugh at that, "she's a smart girl" he smirks, "c'mon" he says, climbing out of the car, Louis following behind him. Liam leads Louis up to the top floor, where his and Niall's offices are, "this is where the magic happens" he jokes, watching Louis smirk, as Elise bites her lip and raises an eyebrow at them as they pass, "Elise this is Louis, Zayn's best friend" Liam introduces. "Nice to meet you, anything I can get you gentlemen?" Elise asks, and Liam fights the urge to roll his eyes at her, "no, no, we're fine" he dismisses her, leading Louis into his office. "You really do have pinball in here" Louis exclaims, rushing to the back corner where a vintage pinball machine sits, in case Liam, or anyone else wants to play. Liam laughs "yeah, go ahead" he chuckles as Louis dives towards it and starts to play.

Liam's attempting to concentrate as Louis plays pinball in the corner of the room, but the sounds from the machine keep pulling his attention away from the papers on his desk and over to Louis. When he looks closer he can see that something is bothering the younger man, but he's not sure what it could be, and he's not sure he and Louis are close enough for him to pry into it. Louis huffs out a dramatic sigh and turns away from the pinball machine to flop onto the couch across from his desk. Liam bites his lip before looking up at Louis, "alright Lou, what is it?" he asks, Louis looks up at him, blinking slowly, "what do you mean?" he counters. Liam sighs, "I mean, there's something else bothering you, what is it?" he asks again. Louis shakes his head, "it's nothing" he mutters and Liam groans, "Lou, it's obviously something, enough to make you call me for lunch then follow me back to my office, so tell me what's going on" he demands. Louis huffs and flips around so he's sitting up, "I guess I'm just worried about losing Zayn, now that you two are gonna get married" he mutters quietly.

Liam bites his lip, it all makes sense now, Louis really wants to make sure that he's not going to lose his best friend once they've said their vows. "Louis, mate. I promise Zayn will always be your best friend first, sure things are changing and our relationship is getting more serious, but at the end of the day he's always going to need you. The two of you have too much history for it to end because of me, or anyone else" he soothes, coming around his desk to sit beside Louis. Louis smiles at him slightly, "I guess just since he's moved in with you, I haven't seen him as much, I miss seeing him everyday I guess, and I know I still see him a lot but it's not the same you know" he explains. Liam nods his head, he completely understands, but before he can speak Louis is again, "don't get me wrong, I think you're great for him, and I see how happy you make him, and Bella. And you're so sweet and gentle with both of them, I guess I just don't want to lose my best friend" he adds. Liam smiles and reaches out to pat Louis' arm, "I get it completely Louis, and thank you. But how about this, Zayn doesn't work tonight, how about I go home a little early, and spend the night with Bella, and I'll send Zayn over to yours, you two can have a night to yourselves, just like you used to" Liam offers. Louis grins up at him, "you're sure?" he asks and Liam chuckles, "yeah I'm sure. I just have to convince Zayn to leave" he answers. Louis grins, "I'll get him to leave, you just offer to stay home with Bella. I'll handle the rest" he says standing up. Liam smiles "sure thing Lou" he laughs. Louis stops at the door to his office turning back around, "Thanks Li, and please don't tell Zayn about this, he'll probably kill me" he says. Liam chuckles nodding, "I won't say a word Lou" he promises, before Louis practically bounces out of his office.

____________________________________________________________________________________
A/N: Alright so here you go. I hope you enjoyed these chapters and everything they gave you.
Let me know what you thought votes and comments makes me happy, and inspired.
I also want to thank you guys for being there for me this past week, I was having a rough time with some things involving the people I work with, not to mention I was off for a week due to stress, and so many of you were sending me the nicest comments and messages and I really do appreciate them all. And I want you guys to know that it goes both ways if you ever need anything feel free to message me and I'll help in anyway I can.
Alright I'm outta here
Until next time xoxo