"But Preet Tara is an orphan. She never had a family. How will she handle our family. You know it's huge."

"Exactly dad so she out of all the people she knows what a family means." I tried explaining.

"Dad I promise you, one cannot get a better girl for Aryan than Tara, she has always been with Aryan. They both have had their ups and down and survived. Dad if they wanted they could have ran away and you could do nothing. I had told them to run away but both of them denied. They said they want to get married but only when you and mom are ready for it. Please dad, Aryan has always done what you asked him too, but for once if he is fighting can't we like a family support him?"
I further continued.

Both me and my dad were unaware of my mother's presence at the door, it was only when she spoke we realized.

"For a change I agree with the kids." My mom said coming next to us.
My dad got up abruptly and walked out of the door.

"Dad please you promised." I pleaded once again.
He stopped at the door and turned.

"Mrs. Saxena don't waste time, both your kids weddings will be announced tomorrow, don't you have a load of work to do?" My dad said with a smile on his face. I quickly got up and leapt on him. He held me his laugh echoed throughout the house.
At the same time Aryan came towards us.
"What's happening?" He asked.
I was to answer him but my dad bet me to it.
"Nothing." I looked at my dad and he motioned to be quite.
Getting nothing more my brother left from there and I looked at my dad.
"Let's surprise him" he said.

After all this I went to my room and called Kavya up and informed her about everything and she was equally excited. Anya too was on conference. We decided to surprise Tara the next morning. I was talking to them standing on the window when I saw something or more like someone down.
He was about to throw something on my window but stopped once he noticed me. I bid my byes to both the girls hurriedly and called him.
He picked the call at once.

"Kabir?"

"Hey"

"What are you doing down?"

"Come down."

"Now? You can't be serious"

"I am dead serious come down." He ordered.

"No." I replied.

"Cool then I am coming up."

"Keep dreaming." I replied and went back on my bed.

"Fine, then I'll wait until you come down."

"All the best Mr. Malhotra, you are going to have a long night." I replied and hung the phone.

"20 minutes max." I said to myself.

I then ignored him and sran to my brothers room.

"Aryyyyy." I called out as I entered his room.

"Why are you so happy?" Aryan asked.

"Why can't you see your little sister happy?" I asked him again.

"Preet can we discuss this later. I have work to do."
I got agitated at that.
I got up and shut his laptop.
"You know what, get  lost." I said and stomped out of the room.
Once I was back in my room I decided to read something,
I was half way down the book when it struck me.

"Shit Kabir!" I exclaimed and ran towards the window.
As said he was actually standing down yet.
I wanted to smile and shout at the same time.
Ignoring my mixed feelings I quietly steeped down, opening the door as swiftly as possible I ran out.

"What the hell Kabir?" I asked him with a smile.

"I wanted to talk to you." He said.

"Say."

"Preet our parents are going to announce our engagement tomorrow."

"I know, So?"

"Preet are you happy? I mean like are you sure about us?" He asked as I got settled on the hood of his car.
This made me respect him even more.

"For once Kabir tell me, what do you want?" I asked him.

"I want Us." He answered genuinely.

"Your turn." He pointed.

"Kabir, you remember when we were young we never use to talk directly?" I asked him and he nodded.

"I used to talk it all long and you would sit and decode my words?" I asked again and he nodded.

"So let's try that again." I said he was to interrupt when I placed my finger on his lips.

"In twenty years from now, I don't want to be just another name in your life. In twenty years from now I still want to be in your life, In twenty years from now when someone stops you on a street and ask you how you are doing and bring my name up, I don't want your answer to be 'I HAVEN'T SEEN HER IN AGES.' In twenty years from now I hope you say 'SHE'S WAITING FOR ME AT HOME'." I swiftly got down the hood of his car kissed his cheek and whispered,
"I want us to Last Kabir." And then ran back home.

Once I reached my room I moved the curtains aside and looked down, he had settled in the car by then.
He waved to me and then left.