vii : outside slughorns office

It was a cool Tuesday afternoon, and Olivia was sitting in the Ravenclaw common room with her friends.

"Do any of you have dates to the ball?". Quentin asked, pushing his brown hair out of his eyes. Marie sighed heavily.

"Well, getting my crush to like be back isn't going too well". Marie said. Olivia chuckled silently, not wanting Marie to hear.

"I'm going with Remus Lupin". Cordelia said proudly, pushing her brown hair out of her face.

"We're going together". said Kian, rubbing small circle in Quentins hand.

"Fucking hell, am I the only one who doesn't have a partner?!" . Paxton said.

"I don't have a partner either." Olivia said. "We would go together."

Paxton looked her up and down. "With you? Sorry, I'd never fancy you." He said

Olivia, who was slightly offended at his remark, smacked him over the head with a rolled up newspaper. "No, idiot! I meant as friends. Since we both don't have anyone to go with."

"Fine. At least then there's no hard feelings when I end up shagging some other bird." Paxton said.

"Sure, Paxton. That's exactly what's gonna happen." Olivia said sarcastically. She stood up from the couch in the common room, and put the newspaper on the coffee table. "God, I almost forgot! I've gotta go see Slughorn to get feedback on my exam! I'll be right back."

Olivia raced out of Ravenclaw tower, and made her way down to the dungeons, where Professor Slughorns office was. She knocked on the door, and was greeted by Slughorn.

"Ah! Olivia, dear, I thought you had forgotten! Here to get your exam feedback, I presume?" He asked, gesturing for her to come inside.

"Yes please sir!" She said sweetly, as Slughorn began to go through papers on his desk.

"Certainly dear! Ah, here we are. Almost perfect, Miss Delvano. Just remember to have faith in your abilities. You know what to do, remember that!" He said, handing her the exam. She flicked through the pages, with a small smile.

"Thank you, Professor! I appreciate it." She said, handing it back to him. "I'll see you at your dinner next weekend!"

"Indeed. I look forward to it, dear." He said, waving goodbye as she headed out the door.

To her utter disgust, there was someone standing outside the door, leaning against the opposite wall.

"Black."

"Delvano." He said. "What are you going here?"

"Getting my exam feedback. What are you doing?" She asked

"The same." He said. "How did you go?"

"Perfect." She lied. He smirked.

"That's surprising." He chuckled. Olivia said nothing. "Are you going to the ball?"

"No." Olivia lied.

Regulus approached her, with a small smirk on his face, and his arms behind his back. "Shame."

He walked behind her, and slipped into Professor Slughorns office, leaving Olivia alone once more.