Heartbeat - Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Natasha's P.O.V

Well, erm. Bummer, what do I say. "Well you know..." I tried to think of a reason, "It's my fault" Zain cut in. Amber looked at him, as though she expected an explanation. "Well, I came over to ask Tasha's help on our presentation and we worked through the night, look don't you see her circles under her eyes" Zain said in a rather funny tone. "I don't have circ..." I tried to protest. "Now, now Tash" Zain said wiggling his eyebrow. "aa, Tashaaa hmm" He added quickly.

"hmm, whatever, don't let it happen again, Dad thought there was something going on between me and Zain, how ridiculous haha" Amber said looking at Zain. "I know right, you're not my type" Zain said looking at me and winking. Amber laughed and shook her head. Why did I get a feeling that amber sounded disappointed? Did she like Zain? I know she liked him during college. Hmm, I didn't like this situation.

"Look I'll catch u guys in labs" Zain said and walked away. "Oh and Zain, Please next time, use a door" Amber said opening the driver's seat and climbing in. oh no, I hope she doesn't ask me about last night, I can't lie to her and she'll know Zain was lying.

I climbed into the passenger seat. My phone vibrated. It was a text from Zain. I wanted to open it and read it, but I didn't want Amber to get suspicious. "So, erm how are you guys getting along" I asked casually. "yea, we've done most of our notes just got to type it up now" She said looking into her mirror and giving way to the ambulance. "So, you never answered my question" Amber asked "which question?" I asked totally knowing which question she was asking me about. "Why you think Zain would make a great Jacob Black" She looked at me. "I'm sorry I lied, I know it was bad of me" I said. "hmmm, okay" She said and pulled into the parking lot.

I got out and opened the message. "Who is it" Amber said awfully loud causing me to drop my phone. "Amber, you startled me" I said and bend over to pick up my phone. "I'll see you in lab, gna go library for the hour we have" Amber said and walked on. Urghhh, I had accidently deleted the text. "Tashaaa" Imani screamed from somewhere. "Hey" I said back. I walked up to her, when I saw Rayaan pull into the parking lot. "How are you, let's wait for Ray" I said looking at his car. "Yea sure" Imani replied; her eyes following his black Corsa.

"Hey, lets go cafeteria, didn't have breakfast" Imani said looking at me. God, I was hungry. "Yes, please" I said quickly.

Zain's P.O.V

Urghhh, Where was she? I have been waiting for ages. Well only 11 minutes and some seconds, but it felt like ages. Man, I hated feeling like this. I got up from the chair and sat on the Table and pulled the chair towards me with my feet before placing them on top of it. I hope Amber doesn't interrogate her, knowing Tasha she'd burt everything out. She is so innocent she could get herself into trouble without meaning to. I smiled to myself just thinking about her. "Dude, you're losing it" I said and placed my face into my hands. "Yea, I'm pretty sure, you are, since you're talking to yourself". I looked up to see Mike, Darren and Lucas. I stood up. "Hmm, you're plan not going according to plan, Valentines isn't far you know" He said looking at me. What the fudge was he on about? "Whatever dude, don't waste my time" I said and was about to move when he spoke. "hmm, well she didn't think twice on taking my offer up on me, twice might I say, she's sooo easy." he grinned. I could feel my blood boil. How dare he even think about my Tasha? I just wanted to punch him. "What did you say about her!" I was about to leap on him when Rayaan stopped me. "Ray, Let go of me" I said trying to get out of his grip. "Later, Zainy boy" he said and they walked out.

I turned to face Rayaan, "thanks I could have gotten myself expelled and Tasha..." I was cut off when Rayaan asked me the question. "What Plan?" He looked at me seriously. "Nothing, It's just this thing we have going on.." I said looking at the door. "Does this thing have anything to do with Natasha?" he asked, making me look at him at the mention of her name. "Look Ray..." I started. "No, you look Zain, Natasha is my friend and so are you. I may not be as as strong as you, but I sure as hell will make sure my friends are safe" he said pushing me onto the chair. "Talk to me man, What's going on?" he asked me in a more gentle tone. Should I tell him?

Natasha's P.O.V

"Er, I gotta get this, It's Mo" Imani said and stood up and moved to the over side on the canteen. Rayaan looked at her then back at his plate and then back up. "Hey, you okay, you seem distracted" I said looking from Rayaan to Imani. "Hmm, yea I'm fine" He said messing around with his food. "You should go for it" I said smiling at him. "What? Go for what? He asked. "I know you like her, the way you look at her, talk to her, its obvious" I said looking at Imani. "Is it that obvious" he asked shocked. "Well, I can tell" I said smiling at him assumingly. "But she likes M...." "She doesn't" I said quickly, noticing Imani coming back.

"Yea, like I was saying Ray, I think we should take a chance on the video, it would be something different" Imani said continuing their discussion on their presentation. "I'll get back to you on that, gotta go find Zain" He stood up and was about to pick up his bag. "Erm yea Ray, take a chance" I smiled at him.

Zain! I forgot to text him back. I'll see him in labs anyway. Sure I'm not going to see him like I did this morning, his perfectly sculpted abs, his amazingly flat stomach, his big forearm muscles..... "Okay, why are you blushing, like you just saw a naked man" Imani intruded my thoughts; I swear this girl is like psychic or something. "Hmmm, no no, nothing" I said. "Hmmm, you know I will find out in the end" she said and stood up. "Maybe" I said and walked out after her.