Heartbeat - chapter 12

I accidently uploaded chapter 11 as chapter 10, so don't think that I have missed out a chapter. Enjoy =, vote and comment x

Natasha's P.O.V

God I didn't even know why I accepted mike's study date proposal, not that I liked him. Imani and Ray are going to be there so nothing should be awkward I thought to myself as I walked into Dr Coleman's Office "Hi Dr C, I just wanted to grab those articles you had printed for me" I said cheerfully. "Oh yes Natasha, here they are" He said going trough a pile of papers on his desk, handing me the articles. "So, how are Zain and you getting along" He asked. Urghhh why does everyone ask about him I thought to myself "Okay" I answered. "Hmmm, give it time, boys young as him don't really settle in until the second semester" He said assuring me. "I suppose" I said and walked out the door.

The first two lectures went smoothly, I couldn't help but notice Rayaan and Zain whispering and giving each other weird looks, "boys these day" I thought to myself and grabbed my things. I stopped at the vending machines on my way to the locker room to get something to drink. "Hey Tasha, want to have lunch with us" I could recognise Amber's voice in my sleep. "Err no, sorry have a study thing with Imani and Rayaan" I said without looking at her whilst taking my bottle of water out the vending machine. "Okay, but if you change your mind we are in the cafeteria" She said. I looked up to see Zain smiling at me. There was a tall blonde standing next to him. I recognised her from our lectures with the biology students. Hmm, wonder what happened to Sarah and for that matter what happened to his other 4 girlfriends I thought to myself and walked into the locker room to put my things away.

See you at the library; it was a text from Imani. I got ready, pulled my hair back into a high pony and walked out towards the library.

Zain's P.O.V

Shit I had to get to the library before Tasha would get there. As far as she knows I'm at the cafeteria with Caitlyn and Amber so she won't suspect me of anything, I grinned myself. Caitlyn was really pretty, but not as much as Tasha "Dude stop comparing every girl with Tasha otherwise you will end up all alone in an old people's home" I said to myself. My phone vibrated "Z hurry the ass is here"; Rayaan texted. I laughed at the text and ran towards the library. I got into the lift and got off at the group study floor. I spotted Rayaan who motioned me to come over to him.

"Hey, you found him?" I asked Rayaan Impatiently. "Yea he is on one of the silent study booths with some of his mates" Rayaan said in a whisper. "Lets go and see what we can find, Imani should keep Tasha away long enough for us to set up the trap" I said and walked towards the booth mike was in.

"What are you on glue, It's not her I want." I could hear mike say out loud. "Nah, the only reason I asked her to come along, was so that I could get in with Amber" the ass shouted. Rayaan looked at me in shock. Shit, I didn't expect that to happen. What am I suppose to do now. "What a douche bag, he only wanted to get close to her just so that he could ask amber out?" Rayaan blurted.  I could feel anger build up inside me. I had to get out of here before I would knock him out. "Let's go" I grunted without looking at Rayaan. "Zain, What should we do" Rayaan asked. "Nothing, just keep him away from her" I said and turned only to come face to face with Natasha, and from the look on her face I could tell she had heard everything. Shit I could have handled it if she hadn't found out what that ass had just done, but now I felt the urge to actually beat the crap out of him, how dare he say that about my Tash. Wait what, did I just say MY Tash. "Tash, he's an ass" Rayaan said as he looked at her. I could even get my eyes to move away from the ground fearing what I would do if I did. I didn't want to get suspended in the first semester.

Natasha ran down towards the lift with Ray following her. I walked into the booth and saw mike sitting with 3 of his friends laughing about something they said. "Hey man, you ok" Mike said, oblivious to the fact that I knew what he had just said. I walked right up to him. "D..dude, ww..whats wwrong" he stuttered. "If you come near any of my friends again, you will have me to answer to, especially Tasha" I said not realising when my hands had gripped his collars. "Right, okay" He said. I turned around to walk out when he said "She's not your type Zainy boy". I swirled round to see all of his mates standing in a line with him in the middle. If it wasn't the library I would have taken them all. "Looks like someone has a crush" He added. My hands turned into fists, I wanted so badly to wipe that grin off his face "You, me in central park 6 O'clock, come alone and we will settle this" I threatened him. I had accomplished my mission of turning his grin upside down and walked out. I needed to find Rayaan.

Rayaan's P.O.V

Shit, I didn't know what to say to her so I texted Imani for help, 911 meet me in locker room urgent I typed as fast as I could on my phone pad and snapped my phone into my pocket. I looked up at Tasha and she smiled at me. "Don't worry, it's nothing new" She said in a normal tone. I didn't know what to say to that. "The guy is an ass, Tasha" I said. "Don't worry, I think I should hand him over to Amber, she'll handle him perfectly" she laughed. Bless her I though to myself, she reminded me of my cousin who had died two years ago.

We entered the locker room to see Imani already waiting for us; I gestured her not to ask any question. "Look, guys I don't want you to make a big deal out of this okay, lets forget about it" She said and sat on one of the benches. "In fact, lets go join Amber in the cafeteria, and please don't mention it to her, otherwise she will go rip his head off" She said with a smile on her face. "Maybe that's what he deserves" I said back. We walked to the door when she stopped and looked back "Why was Zain in the library, wasn't he suppose to be in the cafeteria with amber and that girl" She asked quizzing me. Shit I thought, what am I suppose to say to her? I looked at Imani and back at Tasha, I gathered she knew something was going on. "What did he do" She demanded.