Heartbeat - Chapter 15

Part 15

Natasha P.O.V

"So....?" Imani asked with one hundred questions in her eyes. Even though I had the slightest idea what she was asking me about I tried to ignore them and replied casually. "I think some white linen curtains for the French windows a round table in the middle with five..." I was cut off abruptly by her asking me something out of the blue "Do you like him?" I felt a heat rush in my cheeks thank god I was looking outside the windows otherwise she probably would have thought I did. Did I? No surely not. I turned to look at her. "Him" Who him? I was fairly confident that my cheeks were back to normal. She rolled her eyes at me. How rude. "Zain of course" She practically shrieked. I looked at her for a few minutes and burst out laughing. Was I trying to reassure myself? "What" I said in between my laughter fit. "That's the most absurd thing I've heard Imani, Why would you...." "Fine okay, I just thought2 Imani said embarrassed.

"Hmm okay let's get to lecture" I said to her while dragging her to the door. "I need to talk to you about Rayaan though" Imani said. "Ahan, what about him" I asked propping my eyebrow at her. "Laterz" She said and ran into her lecture room. I opened my lab lecture door and found sat down on the stool, in my place was some girl. He pointed at me and said "Meet my partner and my friend, Natasha" He said to that girl. "Oh you're Natasha; Zain hasn't stopped talking about y...." She was about to finish her sentence when Zain interrupted her "Haa well haha erm, Lets erm lets get to work Tasha, bye" he said waving at that girl.

I sat on the stool next to him. I heard him say "You're so stupid", I looked at him. "Pardon" I said as I looked confused at him. Did her just call me stupid. "Erm, what" He looked back at me just as confused. "Erm, did you just call me stupid" I asked sounding a bit weird. "Ohh Erm, you heard that" He said with a chuckle. So I was right he did call me stupid, but why? "Okay err, you know this is going to sound a bit weird" He said looking at me while adjusting the microscope. "I kind of Talk to myself" He said finishing off his sentence. "So I, er, I mean I kind of said it to myself" I started to laugh. He looked at me embarrassed. I was still laughing. I closed my eyes and put my head down to my chin. My hair fell around my face. I was still laughing. I looked back at him. I could swear that he was kind of blushing. "Sorry I just" I said as I tried to catch my breath. "Nothing, never mind" I said quickly and stood up. I picked up the slide and propped it under the microscope. Seriously he did that too, I though to myself. I though I was the only one to talk to myself. I guess we had more in common than I knew.

"Erm, they are dendritic cells" I said looking back at him. "Yeah, we know that we are suppose to try and look at their other structures" He said not looking at me.

Zain's P.O.V

"Oh you're Natasha; Zain hasn't stopped talking about y...." Jane said. "Haa well haha erm, Lets erm lets get to work Tasha, bye" I said quickly, I didn't want her knowing I talked about her. I felt a weird rush of blood within my body. Gosh she looked gorgeous in that white floral t shirt and dark blue skinny jeans, but most of all her hair, so long and glossy black. Shit, what am I thinking, "dude you're so stupid" I said to myself. She looked at me. Uh oh, I knew that look. Shit what did I do now, I thought. "Erm, did you just call me stupid" She said confused. God, she looked so cute when she was confused. . "Ohh Erm, you heard that" I said with a laugh. Should I tell her? Why not she is my...... friend. Okay err, you know this is going to sound a bit weird "I said to her moving away from the microscope. "I kind of Talk to myself so I, er, I mean I kind of said it to myself" She started to laugh. Why the hell! I'm not the only one on the planet to talk to myself. Why the heck is she laughing at me? I felt hurt. I looked towards her. She was laughing. She looked even more beautiful when she laughed. I couldn't but stop and stare at her. Her laugh was so musical. Wow. She tilted her head a little back before putting her hands over her mouth and then tilt it back down. She was still laughing. Her beautiful hair covered her face and I was deprived of that mystical smile, although it did bring me back to my senses. God I was going mad over a girls laugh, how lame is that I thought to myself, but felt a blood rush in my cheeks. "Sorry I just" she said in between her chuckles.

Throughout lab lecture, which was 3 hours long, I couldn't but help steal a few glances her way. I was getting impatient. If Dr C won't tell us soon that the lecture is over I'm going to do something. Do what, I though to myself. "Right folks, that's enough for today" Dr C shouted. I picked my books up quickly but my pen fell on the floor, I needed to get out of here and fast. I rushed past Tasha without looking her way.

Natasha's P.O.V

I was about to collect my books but Zain seemed so eager her literally changed from Clark Kent into superman and sped out the lab. Talk about Edward Cullen.I got up from the stool but felt something under my shoe. It was his pen. It must have fallen when he rushed out. I put it with my pens, and hand it to him when I see him next I thought.

I got into my car and drove off. I texted Amber telling her I wouldn't be able to get dinner together.

Zain's P.O.V

"Hey Zain" I looked back to see Amber and Rayaan walk towards me. "So, what was so funny, Couldn't help but notice you and Tasha Laughing throughout the lab session, talking about Tasha, Where is she" Rayaan said in one go. "So many questions Rayaan" I replied. "I don't know where she is" I added. "She's not coming to lunch, but asked us to come see her after last lecture" Amber said.

Imani walked in with some flowers. "What u got there Imani" I asked her with a wink. "Er, I dunno I just to them there is no name or anything" She replied. "Hmm mysterious admirer or maybe stalker mwahahaha" I laughed.

Amber and Imani walked to the girl's room. Rayaan looked at me; I knew he wanted to ask me something. "What is it" I said to him finishing my Mountain dew off. "So, erm I wanted to ask you, What do you think of Imani" He asked. "She's aright, I guess, But wouldn't wanna get on the wrong side of her" I chuckled. "Dude, You, the flowers" I wriggled my eyebrow at him. "No no, the flowers not me, but aren't you curious as to who they are from" He added. "There's nothing to be curious of, if she starts worrying then we will find out, Chillax" I said standing up oh and just ask her out already" I winked back at him. You want to go out for a bit, we have two hours to go" I asked him. "What about Imani and Amber" He asked. "Dude we need some chick free time" I said walking on.

We went to the mall, did some shopping got some new games for myPS3, and I asked him to come down sometime. Rayaan's a cool guy to be around. I drove back into the uni car park. "You coming to lec" Rayaan asked. "Hmmm, I think I'm going to give it a miss" I said. "hmmm alright, but don't go missing too many lecs" He advised me. Somehow I felt happy, that he kind of cared for me. Yeah, thanks mate, but I need to clear my head" I said back and switched the engine off. He got out the car and put his hand up to signal me a goodbye.

I put my head down on the steering wheel and closed my eyes. The flashbacks started, Natasha, the first time I saw her in the college ground, our incident in the lift. God I remembered her lips, the way they quivered when I called her name. I dunno what to do, something was happening to me. I've never felt this way about a girl. That too a girl like Tasha, she was just so fragile and chaste. Before her, I'd never thought twice about kissing a girl or even going any further but her, they way my heart would deceived me and intensify, how my blood started pumping in my veins so promptly. I needed to make it stop. The faint knock on the window startled me. I looked up only to see Sarah standing on the other side smiling flirtingly at me. I smirked back at her, maybe this was what I needed.

Natasha's P.O.V

Oh my gosh! Lecture started 25 minutes ago, I screamed to myself and stood up. "We can't go now" Jane said looking at me. "But I've got to go to the library" She said picking up her bag" "Oh okay, thanks for the help" I said as she walked out the door. I looked around the room. It looked great. The room Amber had discovered was changed, and for the better. I smiled to myself, looking around.  In the far corner I had gotten some floor cushions and two bean bags. The centre on the room had a good –sized round table and 5 chairs surrounding it and the floor was nearly covered with a rug. We had put up some pictures and paintings around the walls and the French doors had light blue linen curtains decorated. I had asked the care taker and he agreed that we could use it as a group study room.

"If only I could get these windows open" I said as I walked towards the French windows. They were locked at the top with a small lock. I extended my arm but still couldn't reach. I froze, I felt someone's arm grip me around my waist and the other arm running alongside my extended arm "Allow me" He said.