Heartbeat - Chapter 18

Part 18

Zain's P.O.V

I had no idea what he said to her. I didn't want to ask and freak her out. I was Imani and Rayaan sitting at the table before us. I already called them and told them about Mike coming over. Imani wasn't too happy about the fact that he was hanging around Tasha and neither was I. I Opened the door and let Amber and Tash walk in before walking in, leaving Mike to hold the door for himself. Or maybe it was bugging me that he was near her. Why would it bug me? I thought to myself. "err maybe you like her" a voice from my head said. Great that's what I needed, my conscious to wake up now. We at the table, it was me and the boys on one side and the girls on the other, Tash was opposite me. I smiled at her; she smiled back and looked towards Imani. Was she blushing? Maybe it was hot.

"Let's order and get this over and done with" Mike said in a foul tone. Rayaan looked towards him and then towards me. He was about to say something, when I shook my head, advising him not to. I didn't want to make a scene and risk Tasha getting upset at me. Urghhh, I hated the fact that I was so confused that for some reason Tasha was clouding my judgment but at the same time I liked it. "Urghhh" I groaned loud enough for Tasha to look up at me. "Are you okay" She mouthed; Ohh, those rosy pink lips, so inviting and sweet. I bet the taste like strawberries. I shock my head signalling I was fine.

We ordered and ate out starters and main course, and waited for our dessert. To be frankly honest Mike ate like an animal and Amber and Imani didn't eat much, typical girls I thought, but on the other hand Tasha ate normally surprisingly. Amber and Imani both ordered low fat vanilla ice cream (was there such a thing!) Me and Rayaan ordered a strawberry and coffee trifle and Tasha ordered a lemon cheesecake. I didn't pay much attention to what Mike had ordered, I actually couldn't care less. After I had stuffed down my trifle in like what seemed 30 seconds I looked up to see Tasha still eating her cheesecake.

 After she had finished I looked over at her plate, she had less than half of it left. I smirked to myself, I had an idea. "Hey Tasha", I whispered loud enough for Mike to hear. She looked away from Imani to meet my gaze "Yea" she replied. "Erm, I was wondering are you going to finish that off" I pointed towards her plate. She shook her head and offered it to me. I happily took it. "Can I have your spoon too" I looked at her. "Erm, m-my s-spoon" she stuttered. "Yea, I had strawberry and coffee, the lemon cheesecake will taste weird with my spoon" I lied. "Zain, that is so cheesy" the same voice spoke. I just suppressed it and turned towards mike. "err so Mikey boy, how'z all going" I asked him, putting a spoonful of cheesecake in my mouth. He looked at me and I smirked back. He took out his phone and looked at Tasha, "I gotta go guys, see you around" he said walking towards the door.

"Urgh, what a D-bag" Imani spat after he left. I looked up towards Tasha. she didn't seem much tensed about him leaving. I mean, didn't they just have a date sure it was a triple, but isn't he 'suppose' to drop her off at home? I shrugged my thoughts off. Ouch! Did someone just kick me? I looked up to see Tasha looking at me. "sorry" she whispered. I smiled at her. kick or no kick, she didn't have to be sorry, if that's the only way I get to touch her. I shut my eyes and shook my head frantically. No no no Zain don't think like that. I could feel my blood burn, my body temperature started rising, my heartbeat accelerating. I pulled my head back onto the chair headrest and signed out loud enough for everyone to hear. "You okay dude" Rayaan asked. "Err yea, I just to go libaray, have lotsa work going on, thats all" I lied. "err, I'd help but I got my own, sorry" he apologised. "Nah, don't worry" I said.

Hmmm I though to myself, maybe I can use this to my advantage. "Tasha, Would you mind helping my, only for a hour or so, please" I asked her. "er, it is only 7:45, I guess an hour wouldn't hurt" she replied casually. Awwww she's so sweet. "lets go" I jumped outta my seat.

"You came here on.....this" She asked, pointing towards my Harley Davidson. "Yep it's mine" I said proudly. I guess I did have some perks of my dad being an ex doctor. I climbed on and was a bout to start the bike when I looked over at her, she was still standing there. "Come on, don't be scared, I'll drive real slow" I assured her. She climbed on at the back. "so then...drive" she said. "well, erm, don't you want to kinda, erm hold me, Just in case, I dunno you FALL" I said. "Ohh ok" She said and hugged my torso from behind. Although I was fully clothed and she was fully clothed, we maybe had double heck triple layers on, I still felt like she was burning my skin. I started sweating....in November!!!! I think she realised me tensed. "are you okay" She whispered in my ears. Her lips just inches away from my ears. The voice so melodious. I felt like turning around and pulling her towards me and...... "Uh, yea I'm fine" I said quickly and started the bike. I drove real slow and realised she had put her head on my shoulder. Had she fallen asleep. "Tasha" I called out her name. There was no reply. I adjusted the side mirror to see that she had in fact fallen asleep. Great Zain, you're so damn boring you made her fall asleep I thought to myself and drove to her house.

I picked her up in my arms bride-style and walked towards her door, when It suddenly opened. It was Dr. Abraham. "Dr Malik, how can I...." he stared at Tasha. "Erm, she fell asleep" I explained and walked up the stairs. The door to Amber's room was open and she was on her bed typing up something. "Zain" She said slowly. "Here, that's her room, she opened the door and then flicked the light switch on and then pulled the duvet so that I could lay her down. "Thanks" She said. "I better be off" I said and ran down the stairs. "Dr Malik" I stopped in my tracks to have heard that from Tasha's dad, Uh-oh I though to myself.